**2023 Cowboys Pre-Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Surprise. The gingerbot looks just as lost there as he did on the sidelines.
Fuck Jason Garrett.

I am more unnerved by Spaulding blankly staring into space, plotting his future.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Anyone care what Sturm thinks? I don't remember seeing a lot of his Athletic stuff on here this year.

Anyway, he thinks you need a playmaker at 26. He would skew his board to offense to get a guy who can make big plays, whether that's TE, WR, or RB. He's on the C-Rock side of Mayer in that he worried he's too pedestrian athletically to be a big playmaker in the pros. Loves Bijan Robinson. (I still don't get talking about this guy like he's Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders.) Bob wouldn't take a defensive guy unless things break that way and the player is simply too good to pass up. Would be okay with taking Gibbs.

Bob loves Bryce Young and says he reminds him of Mahomes. (LOLOLOL)

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Anyone care what Sturm thinks? I don't remember seeing a lot of his Athletic stuff on here this year.

Anyway, he thinks you need a playmaker at 26. He would skew his board to offense to get a guy who can make big plays, whether that's TE, WR, or RB. He's on the C-Rock side of Mayer in that he worried he's too pedestrian athletically to be a big playmaker in the pros. Loves Bijan Robinson. (I still don't get talking about this guy like he's Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders.) Bob wouldn't take a defensive guy unless things break that way and the player is simply too good to pass up. Would be okay with taking Gibbs.

Not really although it's hard to see them taking Gibbs since he's so similar to Pollard.

I'm also not sure how wise it is to hone in on "playmaker" as a need that you take come hell or high water at the end of the first, like I wouldn't be especially happy if they took someone like Hyatt over McDonald.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not really although it's hard to see them taking Gibbs since he's so similar to Pollard.

I'm also not sure how wise it is to hone in on "playmaker" as a need that you take come hell or high water at the end of the first, like I wouldn't be especially happy if they took someone like Hyatt over McDonald.
He did say edge rusher was one position that was maybe so valuable you take a guy there. Or a DT who is so good he's a starter from his first practice. But he'd still lean heavily to offense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah I mean if you go back to the way our season ended I get the thought that you need a play maker. We literally just ran out of play makers against the 49ers. Once Pollard went down it was Lamb and no one else really. We couldn't do anything at that point.

But it's why we added Cooks who is a play maker. And we can still add play makers in other rounds of the draft. Presumably at some point in the draft we will add a play maker at RB who gives you more than Zeke did in that playoff game. Ferguson and Hendershot were rookies so presumably they will become more play makers in year two. You don't want your offense to be one injury away at play maker from being stuck in the mud against a defense like the 49ers but again it's why we added Cooks.

All this to say, I can see leaning towards play maker if it's close. But ultimately being able to play bully ball on offense with the offensive line. Or getting play makers on defense also can help get you there. It's a 7 round draft, not a 1 round draft.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life

I think Sturm now is beneath Brugler at Athletic. As he should be IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom