2023 Cowboys Free Agency

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That'll do, pig. That'll do.

If they get Watkins back, they might consider things done though. That's a crowded room.
That is my fear. We definitely should be looking for an upgrade there even with all of them back.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Jerry "Bones" Jones seems to be leaving the door open to drafting another "big boy" DT.
On Monday he was asked about re-signing Hankins and said this;
“We’re working to get something done there with Hankins,” Jones said. “That’s in progress. And certainly (if we could draft) a potential player that could help us, a big boy that could help us on the interior, we’ll always keep that in mind, too. … We’re going to be in good shape with what we’ll be having relative without the draft, we’ll be in good shape there.”

Maybe McCarthy and Quinn are getting through to the stubborn old man?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry "Bones" Jones seems to be leaving the door open to drafting another "big boy" DT.
On Monday he was asked about re-signing Hankins and said this;
“We’re working to get something done there with Hankins,” Jones said. “That’s in progress. And certainly (if we could draft) a potential player that could help us, a big boy that could help us on the interior, we’ll always keep that in mind, too. … We’re going to be in good shape with what we’ll be having relative without the draft, we’ll be in good shape there.”

Maybe McCarthy and Quinn are getting through to the stubborn old man?
I definitely think they'll draft one relatively early. Mike's wanted bigger DTs ever since he got here. And it sure sounded like they'd have drafted Jordan Davis last year if they could have.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I definitely think they'll draft one relatively early. Mike's wanted bigger DTs ever since he got here. And it sure sounded like they'd have drafted Jordan Davis last year if they could have.
Mike definitely likes big, physical DTs that can hold the line. He obviously got to see how a really good one can elevate a defense in GB with BJ Raji on the Super Bowl team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Mike definitely likes big, physical DTs that can hold the line. He obviously got to see how a really good one can elevate a defense in GB with BJ Raji on the Super Bowl team.
Osa and Hank are the best of the bunch right now. That's not enough.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This was as good a free agency period as I can ever remember this team having, even when they were re-signing external FA's that were actually good.

We're bringing back literally the entire defense minus Barr, Gifford and Anthony Brown, plus Gilmore and whatever we get in the draft. We're going to have a top 5 defense at absolute worst with the potential of being the best in the league.

Combined with an even somewhat competent offense that can take us very far in the NFC.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Osa and Hank are the best of the bunch right now. That's not enough.
I agree, which is why they should still draft a DT fairly high. But, it is a good start bringing back Hankins and does indicate at least somewhat of a philosophy shift from years past.

• Props

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why is the line hope for this defense a journeyman like Hankins? You’d think they’d have more options
Im sure they will draft one at least, but where in the draft they do choose one is key.

In FA, I would think Linval Joseph would be a good add for a Stephen special one year $2M deal.

And yet, it did take some wrangling just to pay Hankins $1.5M.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That'll do, pig. That'll do.

If they get Watkins back, they might consider things done though. That's a crowded room.
I wasn't crazy about Watkins but he actually finished the season pretty strong.

If we he does come back, hopefully he can pick up where he left off.

• Props

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wasn't crazy about Watkins but he actually finished the season pretty strong.

If we he does come back, hopefully he can pick up where he left off.
He is a guy I want to hate but he sort of makes a play as soon as I start hating on him. Just a guy I can't ever totally justify getting rid of.

Top Bottom