2023 Cowboys Free Agency

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Would you guys give up those picks plus the contract for a young Chris Jones or Fletcher Cox?

Because that's basically what he is.
I realize we are conditioned to learn that draft picks are gold and that since we "draft well", that means they should be clutched to our collective bosoms.

I am telling you this right now, if Simmons is part of a fire sale in Tennessee and only costs a first and a fourth?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I realize we are conditioned to learn that draft picks are gold and that since we "draft well", that means they should be clutched to our collective bosoms.

I am telling you this right now, if Simmons is part of a fire sale in Tennessee and only costs a first and a fourth?

I’d be so in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Simmons is arguably the best DT in the league after Donald, I'd give up 26 and a 4 for him and then would be more than happy to give him 24/year.

But that would never happen obviously.
Simmons is a strong, strong player.

If someone wants nothing to do him, then...well...I think they deserve a dur.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'll be honest I do too. I get the argument for doing it but the contract is the real difficult part in these trades. You're not just giving up a first round pick. You're giving up a player on a cheap contract for the next 5 years.
And doing it with your eyes wide open. And a smile on your face.

Funk the draft pick when you could gain a sure thing and in their prime. Of course modern NFL salary structure depends on young talent with low salaries, but you have variances like Taco Charlton who cost nothing and repay the favor by giving you nothing. Or like this, in the other direction.

And you keep him out of Philadelphia, except once a year.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Simmons for a first and fourth would be a no brainer, but I'd guess there are teams with more draft ammunition than us willing to give up more if he were on the block.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The Eagles have two 1st round picks, they'll get this guy...it's just what they do.

We draft OL, they draft DL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom