2022 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bengals @ Cowboys | 9/18/2022

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone see Amaris contribution towards a Jets victory? Not good.

p1_

DCC 4Life
My bad I was looking at Cincinnati. Subtract six from what I said. 17 out of 37. Still a very good ratio compared to Pollard.
Still, 46% is pretty hefty. You saw him slow down as the game progressed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope he puts it all together this season.

He looked like he was going to be a player after that 2020 season but he just didn't do much last season, although injuries had something to do with that.

But I had high hopes for him so I hope this is the season where it comes together. If he can be the guy from 2020 next to Jayron, we could have our best safety tandem in more than a decade.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Curious overhead footage. No way the all-22 has come out by now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Curious overhead footage. No way the all-22 has come out by now.
I don’t think it has. John Owning was saying that he would review the All-22 tomorrow.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Now just imagine how much better the unit will be if they just let him.....oh, I don't know.....coach it himself?
Or at least hire his own damn OC.

The Jones' forcing coordinators on the HC isn't anything new, but isn't it getting old?

If this was a smart GM making the decision, maybe it would not be a big deal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don’t think it has. John Owning was saying that he would review the All-22 tomorrow.
There's probably different release schedules depending on the audience. I have access to a tool that some NFL teams use and it's already out on there, I'd assume prominent parts of the media have deals in place for similar access, so Baldinger might have it through NFL Network or whoever he works for.

Owning might just be using the all-22 on League Pass or whatever the NFL product is that they provide to the public, so that might come in a day or two later.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
yep, Ware was a consistent performer and a great player. Parsons is a force of nature and murderer out there. Best of all time isn’t out of the question if he keeps getting better and stays healthy.
And this is why I was adamant about taking the plunge on a guy like Miller.

I don't normally think we should spend 20M/year on a FA, especially one his age, but if we were to make it to the playoffs with Miller and Parsons firing on all cylinders, combined with the rest of our defense, that could've been a 2013 Seahawks or 2015 Broncos type unit that takes an average offense all the way.

It's ok though, there will be a few guys available next year who theoretically could have a similar impact that we'll pass up yet again.

We'll just re-sign Schultz for 12/year coming off a disappointing 2022 and call it a bargain compared to the fact that he was probably asking for 14-15 a few months ago.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
After the first game the pundits said Dallas has a talent issue. Such an over reaction.

Defensively we've never had this much depth. Kearse didn't play. Cox will be activated on gamedays soon. They're even saying Damone Clark will be a factor late in the season. Depth at all 3 levels. And Micah is so damn good he affects everything the other team is trying to do.

Then on the offense. Schultz may or may not miss a few games. I like having Ferguson and Hendershot behind him.

Rush is proving he's a pretty good backup QB.

Our 2 biggest areas of concerns are WR and OL. We'll be getting Gallup and Washington back soon and Tolbert will be a factor soon. Then at OL we have Peters getting ramped up, McGovern working his way back and even Tyron later in the season. Get the best 5 on the field.

Special teams. Our punter is a beast. I have confidence when Maher steps up. And Turpintine is going to break one soon.

NFC East Champs. Then we'll see what happens come playoff time.

Drink the kool-aid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
After the first game the pundits said Dallas has a talent issue. Such an over reaction.

Defensively we've never had this much depth. Kearse didn't play. Cox will be activated on gamedays soon. They're even saying Damone Clark will be a factor late in the season. Depth at all 3 levels. And Micah is so damn good he affects everything the other team is trying to do.

Then on the offense. Schultz may or may not miss a few games. I like having Ferguson and Hendershot behind him.

Rush is proving he's a pretty good backup QB.

Our 2 biggest areas of concerns are WR and OL. We'll be getting Gallup and Washington back soon and Tolbert will be a factor soon. Then at OL we have Peters getting ramped up, McGovern working his way back and even Tyron later in the season. Get the best 5 on the field.

Special teams. Our punter is a beast. I have confidence when Maher steps up. And Turpintine is going to break one soon.

NFC East Champs. Then we'll see what happens come playoff time.

Drink the kool-aid.
The defense is fine but I think the overarching problem isn't just the offensive talent (that's a problem obviously without Gallup/Tyron even when Dak is healthy) but the lack of a modern offensive design and the insistence on only using Pollard as a changeup.

Anger is amazing though, the morons running this team dodged a bullet by backtracking to re-sign him. An overlooked play yesterday was Anger pinning them inside the 10 with about 3 minutes left after our 2nd to last drive stalled near midfield.

Top Bottom