2022 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bengals @ Cowboys | 9/18/2022

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The defense is fine but I think the overarching problem isn't just the offensive talent (that's a problem obviously without Gallup/Tyron even when Dak is healthy) but the lack of a modern offensive design and the insistence on only using Pollard as a changeup.

Anger is amazing though, the morons running this team dodged a bullet by backtracking to re-sign him. An overlooked play yesterday was Anger pinning them inside the 10 with about 3 minutes left after our 2nd to last drive stalled near midfield.
I was pleasantly surprised at that 3 and out late in the game. The defense was just out there for a 19 play drive and forced that 3 and out. Impressive.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
The defense is fine but I think the overarching problem isn't just the offensive talent (that's a problem obviously without Gallup/Tyron even when Dak is healthy) but the lack of a modern offensive design and the insistence on only using Pollard as a changeup.

Anger is amazing though, the morons running this team dodged a bullet by backtracking to re-sign him. An overlooked play yesterday was Anger pinning them inside the 10 with about 3 minutes left after our 2nd to last drive stalled near midfield.
Although Tyron's absence is not felt as much as Gallup's, Smith is really doing well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although Tyron's absence is not felt as much as Gallup's, Smith is really doing well.
I think the impact with Tyron is more so that you don't have Smith at LG demolishing people. Instead you have Farniok who is meh. I'm thrilled with the way Smith is playing at LT but I'm back to seeing LG as a pretty big weakness. Which was the one thing we really want into the draft wanting to fix.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think the impact with Tyron is more so that you don't have Smith at LG demolishing people. Instead you have Farniok who is meh. I'm thrilled with the way Smith is playing at LT but I'm back to seeing LG as a pretty big weakness. Which was the one thing we really want into the draft wanting to fix.
Hello Jason Peters.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Jason Peters.
Yeah if he is comfortable playing LG I think Peters size and raw power would be killer there. He also moves extremely well still. But the guy is 40, so maybe plugging him at LG where he hasn't played most of his career is a bad idea.

Either way I'm confident in saying Smith is a good pick and I have faith he can start at guard or LT at a high level. Next year Smith is probably your LT and we need to go get a masher for LG. So if you subscribe to the theory that this is a retooling year than you leave Tyler at LT because we will need him there next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah if he is comfortable playing LG I think Peters size and raw power would be killer there. He also moves extremely well still. But the guy is 40, so maybe plugging him at LG where he hasn't played most of his career is a bad idea.

Either way I'm confident in saying Smith is a good pick and I have faith he can start at guard or LT at a high level. Next year Smith is probably your LT and we need to go get a masher for LG. So if you subscribe to the theory that this is a retooling year than you leave Tyler at LT because we will need him there next year.
A really good run blocking LG who might even be able to operate as a swing LT in emergency situations you say?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Something I just realized after listening to some of the post-game interviews is that the defense has only given up 1 TD in each game against arguably two of the top 5-7 QB's in the league.

The Tampa game may have partially been a result of them not needing to score too much and putting it in neutral in the 4th, but that's a flimsy argument considering the first 3 quarters.

Either way, extremely impressive, and very promising considering that Brady and Burrow are the two best QB's we'll face this year outside of Rodgers, barring some sort of playoff run.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Something I just realized after listening to some of the post-game interviews is that the defense has only given up 1 TD in each game against arguably two of the top 5-7 QB's in the league.

The Tampa game may have partially been a result of them not needing to score too much and putting it in neutral in the 4th, but that's a flimsy argument considering the first 3 quarters.

Either way, extremely impressive, and very promising considering that Brady and Burrow are the two best QB's we'll face this year outside of Rodgers, barring some sort of playoff run.
Absolutely. Excited to see what they do against Daniel Jones next week. Just make sure Barkley doesn't bust an 75 yard run and we should be in good shape.

I mean that's impressive. One TD each game.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Walker should be ashamed of himself for posting this clear fake of a video.
To paraphrase Joe Gibbs... You block 92 with a TE, you lose the ballgame.

Top Bottom