2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
More important than that is making the run blocking look like the pass blocking with misdirection built in off of it so that you can run more effective play action.

Sure, it's important that you don't quick set on a 7 step drop, but it's more important from a philosophical perspective that you make everything look the same so you can build in counters that all look like the same play. That's the crux of what makes the 49ers and Rams offenses so good.
I just think Philbin in trash. I'm worried we are going to regret not replacing him during the offseason.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just think Philbin in trash. I'm worried we are going to regret not replacing him during the offseason.
Yea, I thought he did really well in 2020 considering the circumstances, and like most of the offense things started well over the first 6-7 games last year, but the wheels came off of everything.

It'll be another interesting subplot to this season but I think Moore deserves a good bit of the blame too, although if the offense looks similar to last year's mess over the last half of the year they should both be gone. It's probably a moot point though since in that scenario McCarthy and the whole staff would likely be gone.

p1_

DCC 4Life
reading his bio, I see nothing that inspires. He's a MM crony who has performed very average when given free reign.
Not like he's a master Oline guru.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
reading his bio, I see nothing that inspires. He's a MM crony who has performed very average when given free reign.
Not like he's a master Oline guru.
Not even close.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
we do NOT need that type of drama at this point.IM rolling with what we have until gallups gets back..if this were like 18, maybe but its not Lamb is a 1 and with Schultz, Pollard, zeke and work in Turpin , this is on MOORE to devise game plans the first month with a lot of movement and motion in the pass game and lean on strong run game like the first month last year..that 6-0 run was sparked with strong run game..

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
we do NOT need that type of drama at this point.IM rolling with what we have until gallups gets back..if this were like 18, maybe but its not Lamb is a 1 and with Schultz, Pollard, zeke and work in Turpin , this is on MOORE to devise game plans the first month with a lot of movement and motion in the pass game and lean on strong run game like the first month last year..that 6-0 run was sparked with strong run game..
But wut if Lamb gets hurt tho

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
But wut if Lamb gets hurt tho
I dont roll with Buts. you cross that bridge when you come to it..a player like a vet say ABrown or another doesnt need much time to go run routes. you grab one, throw them in the lineup with 3 days of practice .. BTW dont think Lamb has an injury history we have that on ours side. Ive heard Gallup could be week 2-5 for a return. so that will determine a lot , same with Washington but not sure we keep him..

If the FO wants to bring in someone, im betting its after cutdowns and last week of PS, they want the young guys getting all the practice and PS reps right now.

reevaluate in 3 weeks and bring in a solid Vet IF needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom