2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
To do that with a RB is beyond foolish. Get one, ride him for 4 to 5 years and trash him. Every idiot should fucking know this. But instead we are stuck with Zeke.
Classic throwing good money after bad.

Sometimes it's amazing Jerry is as rich as he is given some of the stupid things he does. Shows the power of the Cowboys brand that was built long before he ever got here.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck me, the 2022 thread already. God damn it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Started this Random Stuff Thread exactly 14 days later than after last season's shitstorm.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is what makes this season's sudden failure that much harder to accept.

This was probably their best shot with the talent they had in place.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Time to abandon this idea of surrounding Dak with a bunch of elite WR's, he's way better than Garoppolo and Tannehill, but the roster building strategy should be similar to what teams like the Niners and Titans do in terms of building around the run game and defense first.

I doubt Dak will ever be good enough to carry a team with an average running game and defense to a SB if he has elite weapons in the passing game, but I could see him taking us to one if we have a good to elite running game and defense with average weapons in the passing game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is insane. Not that it matters, but Neal voided a year on his contract and is also a FA.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This is insane. Not that it matters, but Neal voided a year on his contract and is also a FA.
Meh, just re-sign Schultz and Gregory, along with a few of the lower tier guys like Wilson/Watkins/Anger, etc. and the roster will be fine. Will the coaches be able to do much more than 10-11 wins and maybe a playoff win with it?

Probably not.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Time to abandon this idea of surrounding Dak with a bunch of elite WR's, he's way better than Garoppolo and Tannehill, but the roster building strategy should be similar to what teams like the Niners and Titans do in terms of building around the run game and defense first.

I doubt Dak will ever be good enough to carry a team with an average running game and defense to a SB if he has elite weapons in the passing game, but I could see him taking us to one if we have a good to elite running game and defense with average weapons in the passing game.
Yeah I don't know what it is. We've just stopped being aggressive in the passing game. Not sure if it's coming back from an injury, our receivers just not having any real deep threat or what but the aggressiveness in our offense just sort of all dried up. I also lay some of that at the feet of Kellen Moore because there is some reason why Dak isn't pushing the ball down field until he absolutely has to. Which works when you have a ground game but it doesn't work at all when you have 2 ypc. Even if it's cover two Dak has been great at hitting those seam routes. But again, he never seems to cut those loose early in games. It's only when we are desperate or have the game out of hand.

I'd just focus on size at this point. I want a real masher at LG and a real run stuffing interior D-lineman. Ikem Ekwonu or Jordan Davis are the way for this team to go in my opinion if either is available. Ekwonu has the added plus of being a tackle who I think could be a really good road grading guard. I'd also use a middle round pick on a RB with some cutting ability and a low center of gravity. Zeke is done as far as I'm concerned. I'll use him on 3rd and 1 type situations but otherwise it's time to face reality. He is a FB out there. Picks up blitzes and can get a yard or two but that's about it most of the time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I don't know what it is. We've just stopped being aggressive in the passing game. Not sure if it's coming back from an injury, our receivers just not having any real deep threat or what but the aggressiveness in our offense just sort of all dried up. I also lay some of that at the feet of Kellen Moore because there is some reason why Dak isn't pushing the ball down field until he absolutely has to. Which works when you have a ground game but it doesn't work at all when you have 2 ypc. Even if it's cover two Dak has been great at hitting those seam routes. But again, he never seems to cut those loose early in games. It's only when we are desperate or have the game out of hand.

I'd just focus on size at this point. I want a real masher at LG and a real run stuffing interior D-lineman. Ikem Ekwonu or Jordan Davis are the way for this team to go in my opinion if either is available. Ekwonu has the added plus of being a tackle who I think could be a really good road grading guard. I'd also use a middle round pick on a RB with some cutting ability and a low center of gravity. Zeke is done as far as I'm concerned. I'll use him on 3rd and 1 type situations but otherwise it's time to face reality. He is a FB out there. Picks up blitzes and can get a yard or two but that's about it most of the time.
I'd be shocked if either of them were available at 24, but Kenyon Green or Zion Johnson will be.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

This is what makes this season's sudden failure that much harder to accept.

This was probably their best shot with the talent they had in place.
They are way closer to needing a tear down than a long run of success.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be shocked if either of them were available at 24, but Kenyon Green or Zion Johnson will be.
I don't know if I'd say shocked with Jordan Davis. Ekwonu I may be overly optimistic thinking we have a shot. Kiper and McShay have him in that 15-20 range and we will be picking in the early 20s so I wouldn't say it's impossible but probably not likely.

Zion Johnson may fit the bill though. I like what I have read. I'll watch some of his stuff. It's sad but when this happens every year I just turn my focus on to the draft again like it actually matters. I could give a shit less about the playoffs and probably won't watch any of it. And frankly I wish all Cowboys fans would do the same with the playoffs. Maybe the NFL would be a little kinder to the Cowboys if they realized that their ratings are shit without Cowboys fans watching.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

We've already seen Dak without elite weapons. He sucks. Go look up 2018.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are way closer to needing a tear down than a long run of success.
Eh, we could lose all of our free agents and this team would still be capable of winning the division. I honestly only care about Gregory and Schultz. And even Schultz I'm not that worried about. He is good but I think his run blocking has become kind of shit and he isn't burning anyone. Just basically out there finding open zones. Feels like that shouldn't be too terrible hard to replace.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is our offensive line being rated highly? Tyron Smith shit the bed but the guy is constantly injured and this probably had a lot to do with his ankle. But outside of Martin I don't think anyone was singing the praises of this O-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom