2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Backlash over his contract I presume. Paid like a top QB , play like one.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Does anyone really think the Joneses want Dak to be a scapegoat? Don't you think they'd rather he succeeded? Especially after giving him that big contract?

I mean, sure, maybe it's incompetence. But I don't think it's some plan.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No, I think they want McCarthy to be the scapegoat.
That I can believe much more. Still doubt it, but the family has no real attachment to him like they do Dak.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No, I think they want McCarthy to be the scapegoat.
So what are you saying? Fat Mike is not in the family portrait?

I am not a fan of his thus far. But if Garrett got ten years, why the hell shouldn't he?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Does anyone really think the Joneses want Dak to be a scapegoat? Don't you think they'd rather he succeeded? Especially after giving him that big contract?

I mean, sure, maybe it's incompetence. But I don't think it's some plan.
I don't think that's what he's saying though. Not that they're intentionally making Dak the scapegoat but rather they've taken the attitude that since Dak is making elite QB money, he should be able to to shoulder more of the offensive burden and therefore they can jettison good players like Cooper and Collins because they're counting on Dak to make up for it by himself.

Not that they're trying to scapegoat him, but more like he will be if he fails.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think that's what he's saying though. Not that they're intentionally making Dak the scapegoat but rather they've taken the attitude that since Dak is making elite QB money, he should be able to to shoulder more of the offensive burden and therefore they can jettison good players like Cooper and Collins because they're counting on Dak to make up for it by himself.

Not that they're trying to scapegoat him, but more like he will be if he fails.
Remember back when it was believed that Romo could elevate cheap talent like Crayton, Laurent Robinson etc.?

If I were a rich dumbass like Goof Son, I wouldn't think that is an unreasonable request.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Remember back when it was believed that Romo could elevate cheap talent like Crayton, Laurent Robinson etc.?

If I were a rich dumbass like Goof Son, I wouldn't think that is an unreasonable request.
To be fair, though,, they also traded tons for Roy Williams and signed TO for Romo. For years, we put almost everything into our offense and that didn't work because our defense was so bad.

I'm not defending Goof Son and his cheapness. They still should have done something at WR (which is why I still suspect they planned on drafting a WR in the first but everyone else was thinking the same thing) or just kept Cooper.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
To be fair, though,, they also traded tons for Roy Williams and signed TO for Romo. For years, we put almost everything into our offense and that didn't work because our defense was so bad.

I'm not defending Goof Son and his cheapness. They still should have done something at WR (which is why I still suspect they planned on drafting a WR in the first but everyone else was thinking the same thing) or just kept Cooper.
Roy Williams was a retarded deal. Owens might have worked out even with the clash with Parcells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom