2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They need to just sign a vet swing tackle who is merely below average, like Nsheke or Tevi, but not pure shit like Ball.

I'm fine seeing Smith at LT just so we can get a glimpse of the future and get an idea of whether or not he can be our long-term LT, but the prudent move would be to leave him at LG and sign a vet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They need to just sign a vet swing tackle who is merely below average, like Nsheke or Tevi, but not pure shit like Ball.

I'm fine seeing Smith at LT just so we can get a glimpse of the future and get an idea of whether or not he can be our long-term LT, but the prudent move would be to leave him at LG and sign a vet.
It will likely be one of the two. Nsekhe is older but not as banged up and he knows the system.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is Ball straight up bad, or is he in any way like Steele? Where there might be room for optimism?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Is Ball straight up bad, or is he in any way like Steele? Where there might be room for optimism?
He might get better but he looks like Steele as a rookie as opposed to the improved 2nd year Steele, so for the purposes of this season, I don't think we can count on him for anything.

Maybe he takes a jump next year but I wouldn't be opposed to cutting him and trying to stash him on the PS.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really makes loads of sense to be reckless with 2nd round picks when you wholly rely on the draft to field a competitive roster.
So I know he is being talked about as having a bad game against the Broncos, but he gave up a total of 2 catches for like 15 yards. Was he really that bad? Or is it just because one of the catches was a TD?

Now Wright, he should be in danger. QB was like 7 for 7 for 120 yards and a TD against him. That's really bad. And the sad thing is for a tall corner it seems like everyone was winning jump balls against him.

Bland was the best though and absolutely should be running second team above Wright.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Roy Williams was a retarded deal. Owens might have worked out even with the clash with Parcells.
I'd say Owens did work out as we got 2 years of elite play and 1 year of very good play out of him.

That 2007 team with a better coach would have been in the SB.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Now Wright, he should be in danger. QB was like 7 for 7 for 120 yards and a TD against him.
Yeah I don't believe Belt at all. Joseph can at least stay with his man... His problem is letting the guy catch it even when he's there. Which is a big problem, but that can probably be improved. You can't fix those gangly legs that can't stay with quick receivers.

I take the word of most of these guys with a small Siberian salt mine, but especially Belt.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So I know he is being talked about as having a bad game against the Broncos, but he gave up a total of 2 catches for like 15 yards. Was he really that bad? Or is it just because one of the catches was a TD?

Now Wright, he should be in danger. QB was like 7 for 7 for 120 yards and a TD against him. That's really bad. And the sad thing is for a tall corner it seems like everyone was winning jump balls against him.

Bland was the best though and absolutely should be running second team above Wright.
I thought Joseph was ok, he gave up the one TD on a 50/50 ball but it was close and from the 2 yard line.

My comment was more due to my general dissatisfaction with the pick from the moment we took him, not necessarily because of how he played.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought Joseph was ok, he gave up the one TD on a 50/50 ball but it was close and from the 2 yard line.

My comment was more due to my general dissatisfaction with the pick from the moment we took him, not necessarily because of how he played.
Yeah I mean he wasn't the guy I would have picked so I agree with you. Right now guys like Tristan Hill and Kelvin Joseph look like poor picks. We should be doing much better in the second round. Which is crazy because this team generally seems to draft well. I wonder why they seems to do better in the third round instead. Seems like if you used the strategy in the second round that you use in the third you'd end up with even better players.

And that's not to say Joseph isn't going to be a good player. But when guys like Bland and Brown appear to be able to give you just as much if not more, it sure feels like I wish we had put the resources in at a different position. I mean how much better would we all feel if Creed Humphry was on the team instead of Joseph.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
And that's not to say Joseph isn't going to be a good player. But when guys like Bland and Brown appear to be able to give you just as much if not more, it sure feels like I wish we had put the resources in at a different position. I mean how much better would we all feel if Creed Humphry was on the team instead of Joseph.
For real. Man, imagine Creed and Tyler Smith next to each other for the next 10 years.

Example #1001 of why you don't draft for a particular position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom