2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Another shit ball from our multi million dollar QB.
Underthrown again. A better ball and that’s a schoolyard type TD.
Dak was struggling with delayed reads for much of last year, and his arm strength also seemed to suffer.

Again here he is late reading Lamb breaking wide the fuck open.

Something was wrong with Dak last year, no doubt it.

I think we are all hoping an offseason where he's not worried about his legs fixes things.

Then again there is the Joe Burrow comparison-- Burrow didn't struggle seemingly at all despite an equally bad injury and getting sacked 19 times in the playoffs and an MCL sprain in the Superbowl.

I know everyone is different, but it makes you think Dak's leg might have been permanently damaged

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dak was struggling with delayed reads for much of last year, and his arm strength also seemed to suffer.

I think we are all hoping an offseason where he's not worried about his legs fixes things.

Then again there is the Joe Burrow comparison-- Burrow didn't struggle seemingly at all despite an equally bad injury and getting sacked 19 times in the playoffs and an MCL sprain in the Superbowl.

I know everyone is different, but it makes you think Dak's leg might have been permanently damaged
I think the compound fracture was worse than Burrow's ACL/MCL injury.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Probably yeah, and I am thinking the recovery was nowhere near as complete.

Because 2021 Dak was 80% of 2020 pre-injury Dak

• Props
Reactions: p1_

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Remember when everyone was screaming that if Dallas could JUST put a D on the field that could generate turnovers, we’d run right to the SB. Good times.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Which is really the worst thing that could probably happen to a QB that has struggled with mechanics on and off since he got here.
I’m hoping he rebounds with more time behind him since the injury.

• Props

UncleMilti

Staff member

Was he late on the reads because his first thought was he has to protect his leg/ankle? That’s my guess. Were his mechanics off because his ankle is wacked? No idea.
Then you have the shoulder injury they downplayed all season, when clearly Dak did not have velocity on his throws, especially on deep throws-well, when Wonder Boy actually sent WRs deep.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But Dak was so much better early in the year. Then later when he was farther away from the injury, he played worse. So I don't see how the injury is to blame.

• Props

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But Dak was so much better early in the year. Then later when he was farther away from the injury, he played worse. So I don't see how the injury is to blame.
Yeah I think this is some nit picking. Honestly he was lighting it up until the Broncos game. Calf injury or whatever I don't know but it was different down the stretch. But our run game fell off a cliff at the same time. Those two things are probably better indicators of what changed.

Still a full healthy offseason can't hurt Dak. It's a long NFL season and basically no preparation for it can cause some problems as the year goes on.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Kearse was part of it too. Now he has been made; let’s see:
No doubt, what a refreshing addition he turned out to be.

We lucked in to three decent safety signings last season.

Stephen at end of FA: y'all got any safeties left?

FA: yes sir, we have a few budget options left.

Stephen: I'll take all of em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom