2021 Season | Wildcard Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 49ers @ Cowboys | 1/16/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We're the stats lying in the first 7 or so games when Zeke looked like a top 5 RB in the league?

Even the Denver game people forget but Zeke was pretty good.

Did he suddenly become worthless literally overnight?

If you look at his stats in the first half versus the second half of the season it's like 2 different players.

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. Something else is going on.
I am not onboard with the top 5 RB in the league.

Since he admits he played most of the year with a torn PCL, there you are.

But you have to admit, even at his best this year, Elliott was still a non-explosive back.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That was the biggest disappointment of them all -- the total lack of a pass rush.

For the first time in ages, we actually felt good about having the type of pass rush that championship teams need and yet, they were invisible yesterday.

The one area I thought they wouldn't be too hurt in was the passing game and yet the 49ers made way too many plays in the air.

I always knew that this defense could be punished against the right sorts of offenses. What I didn't expect is that the 49ers gimmicky offense to be the one to do it.

They scored 7 points - on a very short field at that - in the second half.

It's hard for me to fault the defense for their overall performance yesterday.

Sure they could have been better. But ultimately they did enough.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
To me it’s a coaching issue. The team knows when they run the ball for 100 yards they win every time. They continue to try and make Dak throw it 50 times a game when he is incapable of doing so. They lead the league in penalties which is coaching. They weren’t ready to play which is coaching. Heck Dak gave the 49ers a touchdown with a pick in our own side of the field. You can’t have a qb that is a liability then shoot yourself in the foot every play. Everyone knows the formula you run and you win period. This team can’t win any other way. Either get onboard with that or find another QB.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Oh yeah.

I've said many times how my interest and passion isn't anywhere near where it used to be, but I think it's even lower than I realized.

I was over that loss before the game was even over. I accepted we were going to lose in the 3rd quarter so I actually missed a good chunk of the 2nd half.

I left the house after the 49ers scored from the Dak interception and drove 30 min into town to meet a buddy for dinner.

When I walked into the restaurant and sat at the bar, the score was 23-17 and the 49ers were about to punt and I was wondering what the hell happened.

:lol

So I saw everything from that point on.

But I'm not even the least bit bothered by the loss. I guess I'm just used to the Cowboys failing.

So they were out of it while you watched, came back while you weren't watching, and blew it while you watched again?

Noted.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Late pass causes this.
That's a situation where Jarwin should probably sit down in the open space instead of taking it to the sidelines.

As an aside, Williams was the main culprit for our fucked up offense yesterday. He got bull rushed onto his back nearly on the second drive of the game, and called for holding that took away a 40ish yard gain. Then he was beaten clean off the snap after the Wilson block in the back, gave up a sack in under 2 seconds, and the next play was the Dak INT. And then there was random shit like this where he was just straight bullrushed into Dak and completely screwed up the integrity of the play.

Kenyon Green or Zion Johnson please.

data

Forbes #1

Late pass causes this.
Not just a late pass, but it’s a late pass staring at the core of play design. This play is predicated upon the route combination of those three receivers. Pick one and throw it.

This wasn’t a WR wide open on the far side of the field as the fifth read.

How long does it take for him press the gas pedal when the stoplight turns green?

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It has everything to do with that …. A head coach is supposed instill his style of play to his team … if he stresses discipline and focus .. his team should be following suit ….MM ain’t that guy and it reared it’s ugly head yet 1 more time .. and cost us the playoffs AGAIN
The Cowboys are a disfavored franchise in the league office and there is, I won't say a conspiracy, but a definite disdain levied against them and it trickles down.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
I am not onboard with the top 5 RB in the league.

Since he admits he played most of the year with a torn PCL, there you are.

But you have to admit, even at his best this year, Elliott was still a non-explosive back.
The fact that we continued to give a hurt RB starter reps shows how retarded we are.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, you don't need a 15 mil RB and a bunch of high draft picks to have a good Oline and running game. I'd start at LG to fix shit but a new Oline coach would probably be high on my list. And then an OC who actually cares about the running game. You have to put effort and creativity into the run game. Look at the 49ers as an example. Stupid creative running the ball and it makes everything so much easier.

Our run game consists of a RB that can blow up a Blitzer and the occasional Pollard big play.
I would cut Zeke.

I don't care about the dead money. I'm over him. He's a net negative on the roster right now.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The fact that we continued to give a hurt RB starter reps shows how retarded we are.
Don't you know how famous he is and how much money he makes?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cowboys are a disfavored franchise in the league office and there is, I won't say a conspiracy, but a definite disdain levied against them and it trickles down.
Yeah I agree, I'm not going to say it's a conspiracy either. But it's just like the refs know certain teams that they view as bad and they then call the game accordingly. And year after year no matter what changes the refs continue to believe that reputation.

And in all fairness looking at just this particular game, a lot of the presnap penalties are strictly on us. But some of those defensive holdings you see all the time go uncalled and yet we got two of them. One in the most critical of situations where a stop would have given us the ball back with way more time to score.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm perfectly fine.

I thought they'd win yesterday, but I seriously underestimated the ghosts of the past.

That was a poorly played and poorly coached game.

There's a lot of blame to go around for this one so I don't really know what you address.

What I can tell you is, the next time the Cowboys find themselves in the playoffs, even if they're coming off of a 17-0 regular season, I will expect the absolute worst of them.

Yesterday killed the little optimism I had left in this franchise.
You say that every year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn’t watch the press conference but if MM did indeed do this then yes he should be fired but of course so should Jerry and that’s not happening either.
I kind of wish Dan Quinn was our head coach. I doubt his reaction to that game would have been the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom