2021 Season | Wildcard Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 49ers @ Cowboys | 1/16/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I agree, although it'd seem to take some cap gymnastics to just break even, which may be worth it, but it'd also impact our 2023 cap as well. If we keep him next year we can actually save 5 million against the 2023 cap.
I think you almost have to keep him for one more year. Not because you think he will rebound, but because you need that cap savings to sign other players that you need to keep.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think you almost have to keep him for one more year. Not because you think he will rebound, but because you need that cap savings to sign other players that you need to keep.
Yep, unfortunately, but he can be worked around if he is on the roster. Just make him a goal-line/short yardage back, it's not rocket science.

But I doubt these morons have the balls to do that.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
And to make it even worse... they could at least draw those curtains to keep the sun out, but they reportedly didn't like the aesthetic.

Because what matters is everything but football.
Shit that’s nothing but poor planning. There’s glass available you can tint by pushing a button. In a billion dollar stadium it would have been Pennie’s on the dollar. But hey, Jerry needed silver statutes and art and pictures of shit no one cares about cause ya know, in Jerry’s world that’s how you build a winner.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The way they flagrantly ignore Pollard is mind boggling. Like 3 of his 4 carries came on the first TD drive and he barely touched it afterwards.
is he completely healthy?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, unfortunately, but he can be worked around if he is on the roster. Just make him a goal-line/short yardage back, it's not rocket science.

But I doubt these morons have the balls to do that.
No one will have the balls to do that is the problem.

So is Zekes 12 mil next season guaranteed (His base salary next season)? Do we at least have leverage to lower that? If it's guaranteed we have zero leverage and are fucked next season on his contract.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why did I choose this team? :budd
You had every chance to jump on board the Chiefs when they drafted Mahomes... [/saltinwound]

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My take on Zeke is that it's clear he's done being a difference-maker.

To be fair to him, he was looking quite good in the first half of the season before he hurt his knee.

He still has a lot of power and finishes his runs well. He also still has a nose for the end zone and is a damn good blocker.

The main issue with him is that his top speed is all but gone and he doesn't break tackles anymore.

But because he's so strong, he can still run into 1 or 2 guys and yet somehow plow through that to get an extra 2-3 yards after contact.

So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that he could be a solid grinder for us and be a guy who averages 4 ypc and scores 10-12 TDs a year on 10-14 carries a game.

Basically, he could be a lesser version of Marion Barber for us.

But at that price? That's not what you want from a guy with a 90 million dollar deal.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
compounded by refs not giving us the split second buffer when play clock hits 00:00

That's what really slams my gig.

We've seen it a bunch this year, including against us, where a team is given that split second buffer between the clock hitting zero and the ref looking to see if it was snapped.

All of a sudden when we're in that situation it doesn't apply to us?

(That said, whatever the fuck we thought we were doing there was dumb as fuck. We shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. Just run a god damn normal play. They saw Arizona do it to us and thought it was clever enough to steal I guess. Just dumb.)

p1_

DCC 4Life
I did jump on board, but you can't just change teams from a team you have loved your entire life.
how long have you suffered shitty losing football? At a certain point, it aint love, or its not a two way street for sure.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I did jump on board, but you can't just change teams from a team you have loved your entire life.
I know, I tried it too. For me I like following the team closely, hearing the talk all week, etc. and it's harder for a team that's hundreds or thousands of miles away. I know some on here do it but I don't see how they do.

Genghis Khan

Its time to blow this Oline up. Vastly overrated, Martin is the only untouchable. Williams is a dead man walking.

I agree Martin is the only untouchable and if an upgrade opportunity elsewhere on the line presents itself that's fine, but I think the OL is far from our problem.

How come it wasn't a problem in the first 6 games. Outside of Biadasz these are all guys that have performed well in the past and none of them are old. The logic just isn't there for me.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
(That said, whatever the fuck we thought we were doing there was dumb as fuck. We shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. Just run a god damn normal play. They saw Arizona do it to us and thought it was clever enough to steal I guess. Just dumb.)
Yeah, that was fucking retarded.

Here's the thing -- if you are going to run that type of play then you better make sure that you've run it a thousand times in practice and that everybody on your team knows exactly what they are supposed to do and how to do it.

It was the type of play that a Bill parcells might have up his sleeve, but the difference is, he made sure the players would always know what to do because they'd practice them so much.

He was a master of preparing his teams for the most random situations that might come up in a game.

But Mike McCarthy, and especially Kellen Moore, are no Bill Parcells. So while the play itself could have worked, the problem is that Dak ran the ball for too long.

For that play to have been successful, he needed to get 8 to 10 yards at most and get down. But because he went for 14 or whatever, they fucked themselves.

Still, that blunder falls on the coaching staff for reasons that I already touched on.

You DO NOT call a play like that there unless you are 100% certain that you can count on your team to run the play perfectly..... Which clearly, they could not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that was fucking retarded.

Here's the thing -- if you are going to run that type of play then you better make sure that you've run it a thousand times in practice and that everybody on your team knows exactly what they are supposed to do and how to do it.

It was the type of play that a Bill parcells might have up his sleeve, but the difference is, he made sure the players would always know what to do because they'd practice them so much.

He was a master of preparing his teams for the most random situations that might come up in a game.

But Mike McCarthy, and especially Kellen Moore, are no Bill Parcells. So while the play itself could have worked, the problem is that that ran the ball for too long.

For that play to have been successful, he needed to get 8 to 10 yards at most and get down. But because he went for 14 or whatever, they fucked themselves.

Still, that bleuder falls on the coaching staff for reasons that I already touched on.

You DO NOT call a play like that there unless you are 100% certain that you can count on your team to run the play perfectly..... Which clearly, they could not.
They were lined up with 4-5 seconds on the clock, if they had handed the ball to the ref to spot they would've gotten the spike off. I count that as lack of preparation/situational awareness on the part of the coaching staff, if you call that play there you have to make sure the entire team knows exactly what to do.

Genghis Khan

It was over when the desperation heave hits Cedric Wilson’s hands and then fell to the ground. That drive had everything a championship offense could ask for.

2:51 with three timeouts. Best pass rusher, Nick Bosa, out. Not just a tie, but a TD to win.

Couldn’t even get beyond midfield.

Agreed. That was the game right there. Despite the shit show of a game that led up to it, there's not much more you can ask for than a couple minutes left in the game, the ball in your hand with a chance to take the lead.

That's when your star QB is supposed to shine.

And we went belly up.

data

Forbes #1
Our offense is our offense. Spend so much more resources and only incremental improvements.

I continue to invest in the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom