2021 Season | Week 15 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 12/19/21

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Basically, the deal now with Charlotte is that the population is shifting to the rural areas and making those areas explode.

Rock Hill, SC for example.

If you are going to work uptown, you better be renting and getting good money.

And yes, there are a fucking ass load of New York people migrating down here.

I haven't seen many California people. They are probably going to Austin.
Oh man, are they ever.

Austin is full of them, but some of them are now coming here as they realized they can get the same homes for 100-150K less so they're starting to invade us too.

That suburban movement you're talking about? That took place in Houston in the early 2000s and it's only gotten worse since.

You remember the 610 loop right?

Well, they had to build an even bigger loop in the early 2000s because the rural areas bloomed.

Then guess what? About 3 years ago, they started to build an even bigger loop because that movement extended even further.

At this rate, you're going to have suburbs that are midway between Houston and Dallas.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For fucks sake. Eagles fans now thinking they're good and ready for the playoffs. They're a .500 team and beat shit teams.
Don't worry.... When they face a good team, they'll get the same slap of realization to the face that the Redskins got 2 weeks ago.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
They lost to the shit ass Giants like 2 weeks ago.
Just saw this on Twitter.

#Eagles recent stretch of games:

WSH: Dominated
Jets: Dominated
Giants: Terrible loss
Saints: Dominated
Broncos: Dominated

Save for a bad game vs. Giants, Sirianni has this team playing great football

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sweet. That's what I thought. So we just need the Rams to tie with us vs the Bucs really because we lose that tie-breaker straight up with Tampa?
Yea basically, I don't think it's likely but I'm hoping TB bungles up one of these last 3 and we don't have to worry about it.

They are probably confident that they don't need as high a seed as possible given they were a wild card last year, and they seem to be packing it in with all the injuries so there's a chance.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just saw this on Twitter.

#Eagles recent stretch of games:

WSH: Dominated
Jets: Dominated
Giants: Terrible loss
Saints: Dominated
Broncos: Dominated

Save for a bad game vs. Giants, Sirianni has this team playing great football
None of those wins except the Broncos are impressive given the circumstances and they didn't dominate the Broncos at all.

Denver was about 15 yards from tying the game and there was a fluke fumble that Slay returned for a TD.

They're an average at best team who I wouldn't mind one bit playing in the first round.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
SC?

edit: never mind saw that it’s SC. I work down there all the time…just finished a big job over near the aquarium. Great restaurants and of course Palmetto State Armory being in Mt Pleasant helps too.
I live out there by the Armory in Mt. Pleasant. Work downtown.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I live out there by the Armory in Mt. Pleasant. Work downtown.
Nice. Had a friend that stayed in the neighborhood right beside the frontage road that runs by PSA. Also go to a Dr in the (fairly) new Mt Pleasant hospital there. Really enjoy that area. Always hit up Poes on Sullivans too.

UncleMilti

Staff member
So do we get a Washington team just playing out the season, maybe a little bit of pride or attitude but throw in the towel if we get up 10-14 on them now that their playoff chances dropped to 6%?

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea basically, I don't think it's likely but I'm hoping TB bungles up one of these last 3 and we don't have to worry about it.

They are probably confident that they don't need as high a seed as possible given they were a wild card last year, and they seem to be packing it in with all the injuries so there's a chance.
Yeah we need another team to tie us with Tampa if we win out and they win out. Could be the Rams win out. Could be the Packers slip up. We just need one of those two things to happen. Or obviously the Bucs to slip up. Regardless Dallas needs to just keep winning. Next up the Redskins and hopefully another beat down for their offense.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Nice. Had a friend that stayed in the neighborhood right beside the frontage road that runs by PSA. Also go to a Dr in the (fairly) new Mt Pleasant hospital there. Really enjoy that area. Always hit up Poes on Sullivans too.
We like Sullivan's Island vs the other island towns here. Not as commercial.

Hit Dunleavy's across from Poe's for drinks and watching games. Obstinate Daughter on Sullivan's is one of the best restaurants in Charleston.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll be shocked if we win out.
We're significantly better than the Skins and Eagles, and get the Cardinals at home.

I wouldn't bet on it because our offense has been so uneven and the defense can't keep getting 3-4 turnovers a game, but ultimately it wouldn't be that surprising if we did win out.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Aren’t we division champs? Per the NFL,
  • Cowboys-Giants, Cowboys win + Washington-Eagles tie OR Cowboys win + Washington loss - Cowboys clinches strength-of-victory tiebreaker over Eagles

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think you put him on a good team and re-motivate him, and you'll get the same elite QB he was before Seattle went to shit.
I disagree.

Whomever gets him will need to get him the right kind of weapons.

It is pretty clear to see, he doesn't do well with the alpha-type, like Metcalf.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Let's be honest, would you give up more than a single first for Russell Wilson now?

He's really really not that great right now.
The way it looks now would you do a straight trade Dak for Wilson? I said no earlier in the season, probably still say no but I never thought Russ was a phenomenal player.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We're significantly better than the Skins and Eagles, and get the Cardinals at home.

I wouldn't bet on it because our offense has been so uneven and the defense can't keep getting 3-4 turnovers a game, but ultimately it wouldn't be that surprising if we did win out.

We'll likely beat the Redskins.

We're much better than the eagles, but we're not playing much better. And if they need the game to get in, that's a much stronger motivating factor than seeding. And it'll be in Philly.

Remember, we're significantly better than the Raiders and Broncos also, but as we saw that doesn't always reflect on the scoreboard.

The Cardinals are reeling but if they put up even a decent amount of points we could struggle to keep up.

But ultimately for me it comes down to, the way we've been playing offensively it's very hard for me to believe we'll win 6 in a row.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If the Packers finish 14-3 and there's a 3-way tie after that (Bucs/Rams/us) at 13-4 we'd be the 2 seed.

Unlikely but you never know.
Bottom line we win a tie vs Tampa only if it is at least a three way tie. We beat everyone else in a tie, including GB, straight up.

Obvious qualifier is we can’t lose any more games.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bottom line we win a tie vs Tampa only if it is at least a three way tie. We beat everyone else in a tie, including GB, straight up.

Obvious qualifier is we can’t lose any more games.
Yea, in hindsight it probably would've been better for us if Arizona had beaten Detroit but whatever.

Top Bottom