2021 Season | Week 15 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 12/19/21

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So do we get a Washington team just playing out the season, maybe a little bit of pride or attitude but throw in the towel if we get up 10-14 on them now that their playoff chances dropped to 6%?
They're bringing the bench. So 110% motivated.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yea, in hindsight it probably would've been better for us if Arizona had beaten Detroit but whatever.
Again, I honestly don’t mind playing in Green Bay.

Getting Aaron Rodgers away from perfect passing conditions at ATT actually helps, especially with Dak slumping.

I don’t trust any lead at ATT vs Rodgers

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Didn't feel like a Thursday Night Chatter thread.

But damn look at Tennessee.

I thought the Niners were going to roll them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Didn't feel like a Thursday Night Chatter thread.

But damn look at Tennessee.

I thought the Niners were going to roll them.
They're just tough. Plus getting Brown back made.a huge difference.

It's so corny but they really are a reflection of Vrabel. Pretty incredible job doing this with an MVP type like Henry out most of the year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We're actually like 98% to win the division even if we somehow lose out and the Eagles somehow win out.

It'd come down to the strength of victory tiebreaker and the Eagles would basically need the Jets/Lions to win out while the Patriots lose out and some other random shit like the Broncos finishing ahead of the Chargers, etc.

But that's not going to matter because we're going to fuck the Skins on Sunday night.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
boozeman said:
Good. Now play like you belong. Then you can rest.

That was meant for the offense
Was looking at the dvoa today and we're 3rd in defense and 3rd in special teams. That was by far the highest in ST for the best defenses. Great sign and hard to believe.

I think our offense was 10 or 11.

ZeroClub

UFA
Was looking at the dvoa today and we're 3rd in defense and 3rd in special teams. That was by far the highest in ST for the best defenses. Great sign and hard to believe.

I think our offense was 10 or 11.
If I were a fan of a different team and looking at that, I'd say "yeah, well, look at the offenses they faced recently. " Those offenses have been really bad.
But at some point you have to believe what you see, and I'm seeing a very good defense.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If I were a fan of a different team and looking at that, I'd say "yeah, well, look at the offenses they faced recently. " Those offenses have been really bad.
But at some point you have to believe what you see, and I'm seeing a very good defense.

DVOA is already adjusted to take into account the quality of the opposing offenses faced. That doesn't mean it's accurate, but in theory they accounted for it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
DVOA: The main statistic used on Football Outsiders, DVOA breaks down the entire season play-by-play, comparing success on each play to the league average based on a number of variables including down, distance, location on field, current score gap, quarter, and opponent quality. While it can be used as a measure of total team performance, it differs from other power ratings found throughout the Web because it can be broken down to analyze team effectiveness in any number of ways: down, quarter, rushing vs. receiving, location on field, passes to backs vs. passes to receivers, and so on. Read the article METHODS TO THE MADNESS for more information. DVOA stands for Defense-adjusted Value Over Average, although we use the same letters to refer to defensive rankings which are adjusted to take into account the quality of offensive opponents. When not adjusted for opponent, this stat is called VOA.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Again, I honestly don’t mind playing in Green Bay.

Getting Aaron Rodgers away from perfect passing conditions at ATT actually helps, especially with Dak slumping.

I don’t trust any lead at ATT vs Rodgers
No way man. Shit turf at Lambeau would kill our speed on D. Much rather have him at ATT.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No way man. Shit turf at Lambeau would kill our speed on D. Much rather have him at ATT.
That turf is pretty good as far as natural grass goes. I remember in 2014 when our decimated defense still managed to get pressures and even a turnover. I know Rodgers was hurt, but so was virtually our entire defense.

And recall our defense just the other day had maybe it's best game this season on Washington's sad turf.

They have two big advantages on us, Rodgers' passing and a two-deep rushing attack. I'd like to keep them more one-dimensional if we could and keep the game close.

Those big play passes Rodgers was tossing killed the Ravens, but Baltimore kept grinding and almost won the game anyways and without their best player.

Had the deep passing been limited, I think Baltimore wins that game straight up with or without Lamar Jackson.

Until he pulls out of the funk, we have to think of Dak in the same way, like a backup QB.

Top Bottom