2021 Season | Week 15 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 12/19/21

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Did I miss a get together? I'm in Charleston.
Oh...there was some tailgate thing going to New Jersey.

We all figured you were up in the NY/NJ area.

Sweet. I like Charleston. It is not for everyone, but it is an acquired taste.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Oh...there was some tailgate thing going to New Jersey.

We all figured you were up in the NY/NJ area.

Sweet. I like Charleston. It is not for everyone, but it is an acquired taste.
Been down here for 7, 8 years. I'm from near Buffalo, then Ann Arbor, then DC and now down here.

Charleston is pretty sweet. Great food, drink. Better weather then the other places we've lived.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
If the Packers finish 14-3 and there's a 3-way tie after that (Bucs/Rams/us) at 13-4 we'd be the 2 seed.

Unlikely but you never know.
What if the Pack finish 13-4 and there's a 3 or 4 way tie we are involved in?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Let's be honest, would you give up more than a single first for Russell Wilson now?

He's really really not that great right now.
I think you put him on a good team and re-motivate him, and you'll get the same elite QB he was before Seattle went to shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Been down here for 7, 8 years. I'm from near Buffalo, then Ann Arbor, then DC and now down here.

Charleston is pretty sweet. Great food, drink. Better weather then the other places we've lived.
Cool.

Can't go wrong with a coastal city in the Carolinas.

But they are quickly becoming Florida.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Cool.

Hell yeah. So many northern transplants here. Then you mix in the southern assholes with the northern assholes and you get some Florida like feels.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cool.

I have buddy I've known for almost 20 years that moved to Charlotte back in 2006.

Since then, from what he's told me, Charlotte followed almost an identical timeline in regards to gentrification as Houston has.

You can't live in a nice home within 10 square miles of downtown without paying at least 500K when just 10 years ago, you could have done that for less than half that.

Is that about the going rate in the Charlotte metro area?

All those California and NY people moving here really drove prices up.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If the Packers finish 14-3 and there's a 3-way tie after that (Bucs/Rams/us) at 13-4 we'd be the 2 seed.

Unlikely but you never know.
I thought we were the two seed right now. And if we win out, we'd still be the two, regardless of what anybody else does.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

My wife is from NOVA.

She used to go to South Carolina for the beaches when she didn't want to go all the way down to Florida.

She says Charleston had the nicest people she's ever been around.

Would you say that's accurate?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh, I almost forgot...

We're going to the playoffs!!!

:towel

:unsure

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Did I miss a get together? I'm in Charleston.
SC?

edit: never mind saw that it’s SC. I work down there all the time…just finished a big job over near the aquarium. Great restaurants and of course Palmetto State Armory being in Mt Pleasant helps too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I thought we were the two seed right now. And if we win out, we'd still be the two, regardless of what anybody else does.
Not if it's a tie between just us and TB since they beat us H2H. Right now Arizona is also tied with us so it has to be 3-way if it includes Tampa.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have buddy I've known for almost 20 years that moved to Charlotte back in 2006.

Since then, from what he's told me, Charlotte followed almost an identical timeline in regards to gentrification as Houston has.

You can't live in a nice home within 10 square miles of downtown without paying at least 500K when just 10 years ago, you could have done that for less than half that.

Is that about the going rate in the Charlotte metro area?

All those California and NY people moving here really drove prices up.
Basically, the deal now with Charlotte is that the population is shifting to the rural areas and making those areas explode.

Rock Hill, SC for example.

If you are going to work uptown, you better be renting and getting good money.

And yes, there are a fucking ass load of New York people migrating down here.

I haven't seen many California people. They are probably going to Austin.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
My wife is from NOVA.

She used to go to South Carolina for the beaches when she didn't want to go all the way down to Florida.

She says Charleston had the nicest people she's ever been around.

Would you say that's accurate?
There's a ton of nice people down here.

The old money Charlestonians? Those are people I don't prefer to be around for the most part.

Most everybody else from here are cool and chill.

You want to enjoy some nice weather and the ocean, some of the best food in the country and drink your ass off Charleston is the place to go visit/live.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
For fucks sake. Eagles fans now thinking they're good and ready for the playoffs. They're a .500 team and beat shit teams.

Top Bottom