2021 Season | Week 15 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 12/19/21

p1_

DCC 4Life
Didn't feel like a Thursday Night Chatter thread.

But damn look at Tennessee.

I thought the Niners were going to roll them.
thank you Jimmy G for that lovely performance.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Are we even that talented? We are on offense, but on defense I don't know how much better this group could play. Other than Parsons and Diggs, maybe Lawrence, I don't think we're that talented.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Are we even that talented? We are on offense, but on defense I don't know how much better this group could play. Other than Parsons and Diggs, maybe Lawrence, I don't think we're that talented.

I think we have a good amount of talent on both sides of the ball (Gregory is another one I'd add, maybe Hooker too).

But we are 10-4. I doubt Vrabel would be doing any better.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think we have a good amount of talent on both sides of the ball (Gregory is another one I'd add, maybe Hooker too).

But we are 10-4. I doubt Vrabel would be doing any better.
Same. I love Vrabel, don't get me wrong. But our problems have been on offense starting with Denver, and it's not like he's some offensive wizard. Tennessee is about as vanilla on offense as a pro team can be.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I disagree. I guess it depends on what you mean by talented but we have a number of very good players outside of star caliber guys like Parsons, Diggs, Lawrence and Gregory.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I disagree. I guess it depends on what you mean by talented but we have a number of very good players outside of star caliber guys like Parsons, Diggs, Lawrence and Gregory.
These guys plus good players like Kearse, Gallimore, Lewis, Brown, Hooker, and Osa. Some of them just playing their roles instead of trying to be a star when they are barely functional.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree regarding the Dallas defense. It’s continued improvement is the sign of really good coaching.

Without AJ Brown and Derrick Henry, Vrabel is finding ways to take Ryan Tannehill and broken down Julio Jones to the playoffs. Every game that team plays is physical and competitive.

Losing those guys finally caught up to them, but even then it’s hard to picture a shit the bed loss to an outmatched Denver team at home happening to a Vrabel-coached team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I agree regarding the Dallas defense. It’s continued improvement is the sign of really good coaching.

Without AJ Brown and Derrick Henry, Vrabel is finding ways to take Ryan Tannehill and broken down Julio Jones to the playoffs. Every game that team plays is physical and competitive.

Losing those guys finally caught up to them, but even then it’s hard to picture a shit the bed loss to an outmatched Denver team at home happening to a Vrabel-coached team.

They lost to the Jets (with Henry) and the Texans.

Stop.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can’t believe it’s been 10 years since the Gnats got Brady in the SB…i mean he was already established as a possible GOAT and he’s still at it.
Brady is still going strong and it seems like it's been forever since the Giants have even been competitive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kearse
Osa
Gallimore
Gregory

I think we have talent on that side of the ball.

Cotton

Staff member
These guys plus good players like Kearse, Gallimore, Lewis, Brown, Hooker, and Osa. Some of them just playing their roles instead of trying to be a star when they are barely functional.
I really should read the whole thread before posting. This timestamping is starting to sting a bit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Kearse
Osa
Gallimore
Gregory

I think we have talent on that side of the ball.
Gregory, okay, talented but could never produce much. The others are mid-round guys nobody thought a lot of, plus a two time free agent like Kearse.

I mean, obviously there's some talent there or they wouldn't be this good. I'm comparing them to a team like the Rams that has star power everywhere, or even the Bucs.

Cotton

Staff member
Gregory, okay, talented but could never produce much. The others are mid-round guys nobody thought a lot of, plus a two time free agent like Kearse.

I mean, obviously there's some talent there or they wouldn't be this good. I'm comparing them to a team like the Rams that has star power everywhere, or even the Bucs.
Well, yeah, they aren't the most talented in the league, but saying they aren't that talented is being a bit disingenuous.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rams that has star power everywhere, or even the Bucs.
So Aaron Donald, Ramsey and who else? A washed up Von Miller? Sure they have a bunch of good players elsewhere on defense. But so do we and I'll put Parsons and Diggs right there with Donald and Ramsey.

Gregory and Lawrence are every bit as good as Floyd and Von Miller in my opinion. (Vonn Miller now and not 5 years ago)

p1_

DCC 4Life
So Aaron Donald, Ramsey and who else? A washed up Von Miller? Sure they have a bunch of good players elsewhere on defense. But so do we and I'll put Parsons and Diggs right there with Donald and Ramsey.

Gregory and Lawrence are every bit as good as Floyd and Von Miller in my opinion. (Vonn Miller now and not 5 years ago)
Donald is an all-timer.

Top Bottom