2021 Season Gameday Chatter | Super Bowl LVI | Bengals vs Rams | 02-13-2022

data

Forbes #1
Stafford falls into that grouping with Rivers, Romo, Matt Ryan.

Had any of these four QBs played on the Belichick Patriots, you could argue all would have better playoff results and a much better shot at being HOFers. Conversely, put Tom Brady on the Lions and he’s probably not a HOFer.

But, playing ‘what if’ can’t make a HOF career. You still gotta predominantly go with the results and Stafford’s one SB on an all-in, supersquad isn’t enough. The “Detroit-factor” can only roundup your HOF qualifications so much.

Argument for Stafford is his lofty passing stats in Detroit. They’re lofty, but they’re not distinguishing. For non-SB winners, Dan Fouts led league in passing four times and DanMarino led five times and they were far and away higher than #2. Like, 100s of passing yards above #2. Matt Stafford has never led league in passing yards. The year Stafford had 5,000 yards was the year three QBs (almost four with Eli at 4,933) were 5000+ and Drew Brees had almost 5,500.

However, if Stafford even just gets to a second Super Bowl (assuming the supersquad returns to normal), I could round up his Detroit career into an arguable HOF career.

Stafford has a Super Bowl ring. Great. Love the story, but Not every story has to be enshrined into the HOF. His name is in the books. It won’t be erased. He’s forever a champion. The SB ring stands alone as the crowning achievement. No need to further memorialize it with HOF.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
There are ~19 modern era QBs in the Hall of Fame and that’s without Brady, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning and Rodgers.

There are around ~20 defensive lineman and ~20 linebackers, and that’s spread across two positions within each group (DT and DE, ILB and OLB)

Even if Stafford is a HOFer, there are more qualified players at their respective position than Stafford that have been passed over many times, ie Zack Thomas, Jared Allen, Darren Woodson, Vince Wilfork

If you put Stafford in the HOF based on what he’s done up to today, then just have a separate QB building with its own ticket price because it’s not fair to other 20 positions (RBs also over represented).

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
A guy who spent damn near 15 years in the league and never won a playoff game until he was 33 or 34 doesn't belong in the HOF, even if that one run resulted in a Super Bowl (under dubious circumstances mind you).

If he gets another one, or maybe even if he ends up in another one and/or makes a few NFCC's, then sure, but right now it's a strong no.

People love to be prisoners of the moment with the NFL more than any other god damn sport, it's so ridiculous.

data

Forbes #1
A guy who spent damn near 15 years in the league and never won a playoff game until he was 33 or 34 doesn't belong in the HOF, even if that one run resulted in a Super Bowl (under dubious circumstances mind you).
Yeah, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers with one SB are gonna be in HOF. There’s no need for a Matthew Stafford. Or Matt Ryan, Romo or Rivers, for that matter.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Like I said last night, you have to admit the greatness of Prince.

After further consideration, I give Jackson the credit for being the pioneer. Prince nailed it.

I do not admit the greatness of Prince. He had like 1 good song.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I thought he was just too embarrassed to dance in front of everyone during the piano part. It definitely looked bizarre.

I know rap is a stilted mess and is all posing and posturing anyway, but man Eminem looked like a clown that thinks he's above all this despite literally doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
I do not admit the greatness of Prince. He had like 1 good song.
It’s hard to find a poster more dedicated than Genghis Khan. He’s the consummate poster. Whenever we need brilliant insight, he’s available at the drop of a hat. He’s the John Clayton of the DCC.

Genghis: Prince only had like one good song.

~rips off Velcro suit and tie and hops into bed with Iron Maiden tank top~

Genghis: MA! Get me some Yucatan potato salad!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And this is why I'd be ok trading Cooper if it meant doubling down on the OL and defense. Of course we can that whole keeping Cooper at the same time.
OL are a Hell of a lot easier to find than #1 WRs though. You’ve just got to keep drafting them. They don’t have to be all-pro, just good football players.

Amari Cooper is really, really good. Covid vaccination debacle aside, he played tough all year and through injured ribs. If Jerry Jones is planning on dumping Amari for real then he’d better hope he lands in a QB Hell, like Washington, or Cooper is going to make him look stupid.

OK, make that even more stupid. Crap, I didn’t think that was possible.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Their fans can't really be regretting drafting Chase, can they?

Top Bottom