2021 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Take the most talented player. The defense will improve greatly if you do that and hold turds like Jaylon Smith accountable

Jhitman57

Brand New Member
Because one can play nickel. We need a better nickel. We need a good edge rusher. Smith and Gregory was ok. Also I think the steal at the end for TE is great.

Jhitman57

Brand New Member
What about this one guys? Just a fun one. I didn't think Smith would be available and if he is do we grab him?Screenshot_20210113-220442_Chrome.jpg

Jhitman57

Brand New Member
I really like Wilson as DT he is a big boy at the Nose run stopper with Smith and Gregory and Lawrence i think that is a solid DL. With at right CB Adebo and DJ as the new Nickel with Awuzie at Left CB and SS Diggs and Ford at FS. Solid Defense

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love Adebo as a late round guy, but absolutely hate Paye. Also, why two safeties?
Yeah Adebo is a real ball hawk at corner. I think he would be an awesome pick. Maybe another day three pick at corner from Stanford thrives under Quinn yet again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd hope if Smith is there we could trade with someone who needs him more
Yeah much like Pitts I think Smith is a great talent. Dude is electric and impossible to cover. But I just can't justify another receiver.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Didn’t the Lions try it a couple of years ago drafting 3 WR in the top 10 in 3 consecutive drafts? Wasn’t Matt millen the genius behind that?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Love the player, would love him on my team but you can't just WR the NFL to death. You actually need other positions.

Plus he won't last to 10 anyway.
All 100% true. Smith will be long gone.

We need to focus on the most talented player at 10 who is not a WR or QB. Every other position is on the table.

Or trade down for a lot of extra value.

Hopefully a hot QB falls and a team like SF, Minn, or NE will be willing to trade up. If it’s all the way down to Chicago or Indy, we’ll need a 2021 1st and 2nd and a 2022 1st.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If we take a WR at 10 we'd have to be completely fucking retarded.
Agreed but even so I'd rather take Davonta than Surtain.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Didn’t the Lions try it a couple of years ago drafting 3 WR in the top 10 in 3 consecutive drafts? Wasn’t Matt millen the genius behind that?
Yeah, but they all sucked.

Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams I believe.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but they all sucked.

Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams I believe.
I thought Megatron was part of it...

They drafted

Charles Rodges 2003, Roy Williams 2004, Mike Williams 2005, Calvin Johnson 2007.

4 first round WR's in 5 years. At least they finally got it right with Megatron.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, talent aside, there's just no room for another WR.

OL, TE, RB (if one was talented enough) is a different story. Late third/fourth, I'm looking for a solid QB to groom.

I'd have no problems with Sewell or Pitts, as each not only immediately upgrades their respective position they also greatly elevate the overall talent level for years to come. If Kyle Trask fell to our pick in the 4th, you'd almost have to take him for example.

Of course I'd lean towards defense if talent's equal, but it's looking like no defender in this draft is in the class of Sewell or Pitts.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Yeah, talent aside, there's just no room for another WR.

OL, TE, RB (if one was talented enough) is a different story. Late third/fourth, I'm looking for a solid QB to groom.

I'd have no problems with Sewell or Pitts, as each not only immediately upgrades their respective position they also greatly elevate the overall talent level for years to come. If Kyle Trask fell to our pick in the 4th, you'd almost have to take him for example.

Of course I'd lean towards defense if talent's equal, but it's looking like no defender in this draft is in the class of Sewell or Pitts.
I doubt there is anyway short of a rape conviction Sewell gets close to our pick. Pitts might, and I won't bitch (too much) if they pick him, but boy do we need defense help bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom