2021 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Um, hell no to a first round TE.

This team needs about seven new players on defense.
If we hadn't just taken a wr in the 1st I might consider a receiving TE but no way in hell do I do it now

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If we hadn't just taken a wr in the 1st I might consider a receiving TE but no way in hell do I do it now
To me it's not only that we desperately need defense, it's that Schultz is pretty good -- and Jarwin has a lot of promise also and should be back next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Eric Ebron went what 10th? Vernon Davis went what 6th?

Both have had solid moments but hardly generational talents.

Obviously Kellen Winslow went 6th and that didn't go well at all.
Davis I could see calling generational as a prospect, he didn't live up to it necessarily but if he was taken 15th I think you'd say he lived up to his draft status. Ebron was nowhere near generational as a prospect, he was just over drafted.

I really don't want to go TE given what we have invested at WR and that Schultz actually looks like a decent starter, but I don't think people realize how rare Pitts might be. If this were a normal season he'd be on pace for 70/1250/19, which is literally unheard of for a college TE. Even all these other top 10 TE's were putting up like 700 yards and 5 TD's.

If we're picking in the 8-12 range it's going to be hard to argue that he isn't the BPA and that has to be considered.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Davis I could see calling generational as a prospect, he didn't live up to it necessarily but if he was taken 15th I think you'd say he lived up to his draft status. Ebron was nowhere near generational as a prospect, he was just over drafted.

I really don't want to go TE given what we have invested at WR and that Schultz actually looks like a decent starter, but I don't think people realize how rare Pitts might be. If this were a normal season he'd be on pace for 70/1250/19, which is literally unheard of for a college TE. Even all these other top 10 TE's were putting up like 700 yards and 5 TD's.

If we're picking in the 8-12 range it's going to be hard to argue that he isn't the BPA and that has to be considered.
Precisely on the BPA.

Everything looks good on paper, but boom Jarwin went down, plan out the window. We got lucky with Schultz developing into something decent, but i’m all down for making a strength even stronger, especially when it comes to BPA. Not to mention from a fiscal standpoint, our WR core is untenable in the pretty near future.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
DMN: Here’s a quick and dirty, way-too-early three-round mock draft for the Cowboys, using The Draft Network’s Mock Draft Machine to keep things as realistic as possible:

Round 1, pick 10: Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern

Round 2, pick 42: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington

Round 3, pick 74: Alim McNeill, NT, NC State

Round 3, pick 99: Jabril Cox, LB, LSU

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
DMN: Here’s a quick and dirty, way-too-early three-round mock draft for the Cowboys, using The Draft Network’s Mock Draft Machine to keep things as realistic as possible:

I'll be honest, I threw up in my mouth.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

McNeil and Cox in the 3rd would be awesome, McNeil is exactly the type of DT we need and I'd be fine with him in the 2nd honestly.

Slater in the first would be solid too, don't know much about Molden.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll be honest, I threw up in my mouth.
I know you don't like Slater but this is why he needs to be considered at 10:

I get the concern if he's really just 6-3 and the arm length stuff but the guy stoned Chase Young multiple times and shows crazy burst/agility getting out of his stance and to the 2nd level in space. He seems like a clean Pro Bowl projection at OG who could potentially start for you at LT, even if he doesn't meet the normal dimensions you'd expect out of an LT.

Martin measured at 6-4/308 at the Combine, if Slater measures in similarly I'd be 100% fine taking him at 10.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Somebody is going to be happy they drafted Jabril Cox. Dude is a playmaker. Always around the ball and has a knack for turnovers.

I didn’t see him play outside of highlights for LSU, but watched every game he played for the NDSU Bison. He was the unquestioned leader and best player on some very, very good defenses. And the bigger the game, the better he played.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Somebody is going to be happy they drafted Jabril Cox. Dude is a playmaker. Always around the ball and has a knack for turnovers.

I didn’t see him play outside of highlights for LSU, but watched every game he played for the NDSU Bison. He was the unquestioned leader and best player on some very, very good defenses. And the bigger the game, the better he played.
He's awesome in coverage, depending on how he tests and looks at the Senior Bowl I wouldn't be against him in the 2nd even.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He's awesome in coverage, depending on how he tests and looks at the Senior Bowl I wouldn't be against him in the 2nd even.
I've always thought of him as a possible poor man's Darren Woodson. Not sure if he'll stay at LBer in the NFL or maybe move to safety, but I bet he could do it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know you don't like Slater but this is why he needs to be considered at 10:

I get the concern if he's really just 6-3 and the arm length stuff but the guy stoned Chase Young multiple times and shows crazy burst/agility getting out of his stance and to the 2nd level in space. He seems like a clean Pro Bowl projection at OG who could potentially start for you at LT, even if he doesn't meet the normal dimensions you'd expect out of an LT.

Martin measured at 6-4/308 at the Combine, if Slater measures in similarly I'd be 100% fine taking him at 10.
So I think he is going to be a good NFL guard. Very athletic. But I watched more of the guy and I'm still not that impressed. He gets knocked backwards with power rushes. Chase Young may not have gotten a sack but I saw a play where he had Slater right in the QBs lap just bullrushing him.

I don't hate the guy but I don't think he has the power of Martin. He looks smaller than Martin too. I think he is being overhyped a bit based off one great game against Young.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So stupid, it's really easy to have a combine that is covid safe. Test everyone before hand. Eliminate the contact drills and boom, it's safe.

They just want to act woke.
If they can fucking run around tackling each other and exchanging sweat, they can run a 40 yard dash. So god damn dumb.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If they can fucking run around tackling each other and exchanging sweat, they can run a 40 yard dash. So god damn dumb.
It is probably more of a legal liability issue since nobody would be an NFL employee.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is probably more of a legal liability issue since nobody would be an NFL employee.
That's silly? What liability? You think someone can sue them if they get covid? First of all it's impossible to prove where you got it. Second it's an assumed risk every time you go out of your home you could get sick from someone else. Claiming liability concerns is a shitty joke of an excuse.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's silly? What liability? You think someone can sue them if they get covid? First of all it's impossible to prove where you got it. Second it's an assumed risk every time you go out of your home you could get sick from someone else. Claiming liability concerns is a shitty joke of an excuse.
The prospects are not NFL employees. I would hope you would not be surprised how somebody would look at the liability issue and not foresee potential lawsuits. The NFL is hypersensitive to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom