2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You want Horn? That's what you get in that situation.

But seriously if you have Bridgwater, does that make a team feel good about QB? He would be nothing but a place holder if I was running a team.
And no, I damn sure don't want Horn either.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Could be they want him to help Lock. I liked Lock when he came out. Guy has tools. But they haven't really progressed with Lock at all yet.
And a 6th for Bridgewater ain't shit...they could still take a QB is one is left.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Even if the Broncos go defense I think it's more likely Parsons than Surtain/Horn. OT is a distinct possibility too, especially a guy like Slater who could kick inside.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I thought someone posted it on these boards. Didn't watch the press conference myself. Or radio interview, whatever it was.

I think the Cowboys don't want to pay him 9 mil on the fifth year unless he lights it up this year. Which makes perfect sense. You don't pay 9 mil for what you got in the last two seasons.
But if they feel that way, why wait until after the draft?

Feels like they want to see if they grab another LB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if the Broncos go defense I think it's more likely Parsons than Surtain/Horn. OT is a distinct possibility too, especially a guy like Slater who could kick inside.
I'm still torn on Parsons. I don't think the Cowboys will. And generally I don't like first round LBers but man his physical skills could really help us.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yep, if they resign him, they will resign him for the same amount regardless of what they end up with in the draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah that's kind of stupid though. You either like him or you don't. No rookie should change that. But no harm in waiting and seeing what happens.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think Bridgewater is a sign that the Broncos pass on QB, if anything I think it's a cheap smokescreen that might make teams discount their desire for a QB.

Like really, Teddy fuckin' Bridgewater who won't attempt passes more than 10 yards down the field is going to stop them from taking a QB in the top 10?
If they are giving Lock some competition, yes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think the trepidation around LVE continues to be medical, the option is only guaranteed for injury, so there is no real downside unless he gets injured again and milks it for a free 9 million, which is a risk if he's quietly concerned about his neck and just wants to cash in once before cashing out and retiring.

From that perspective I think rejecting the option and signing him to an extension that is potentially cheap due to the cap shrinking and his lackluster 2020 would make a lot of sense, especially if it's structured to mitigate a possible early retirement. I don't truly believe that they want to get rid of him outright.

As an aside, hopefully this teaches them a fucking lesson to stop sticking their head in the sand when taking guys in the 1st who have medical red flags.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
You want Horn? That's what you get in that situation.

But seriously if you have Bridgwater, does that make a team feel good about QB? He would be nothing but a place holder if I was running a team.
Same here. Trading a 6th for a placeholder QB wouldn’t stop me from drafting a QB if one slides.

p1_

DCC 4Life
moderator gents. why don't yall merge these two threads into one super thread?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
moderator gents. why don't yall merge these two threads into one super thread?
Nah, we like to keep the draft leadup thread separate from the actual chatter thread. Makes it easier to find shit if you go back and look for stuff.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Everyone knew LVE was an injury risk before the draft. Stories about his neck were widespread....then he gets drafted here, starts strong, then hurts neck. Surprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom