2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Everyone knew LVE was an injury risk before the draft. Stories about his neck were widespread....then he gets drafted here, starts strong, then hurts neck. Surprise!!!
Sean Lee has a history of frailty. We draft a crippled Jaylon Smith. LVE has a bum neck.
Thats not a worthwhile strategy for your linebacking corps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sean Lee has a history of frailty. We draft a crippled Jaylon Smith. LVE has a bum neck.
Thats not a worthwhile strategy for your linebacking corps.
Yeah maybe why I'm not ready to keep burning top picks on LBers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah maybe why I'm not ready to keep burning top picks on LBers.
Problem’s burning picks on injury prone guys and expecting the trend to change because now they are Cowboys.

If you get a LB who actually plays to their pedigree the defense magically improves all around. If you get a playmaker on top of it, your defense has a chance to be elite.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Better look up your favorite players right now and see if they were team captains.

Remember when we reached for Tony Dixon because he was a team captain?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Better look up your favorite players right now and see if they were team captains.

This is one reason why I think they love Horn, besides the fact that McCarthy coached his dad and Quinn is boys with Muschamp. He has this reputation of being this uber-aggressive "dog", which he seems to be, and I think he could definitely bring some swag and nastiness to the secondary, but I think it's unfair to attribute all these sorts of traits to him as if he is the only one and Surtain isn't those things.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

And because Jerry Jones personally confirmed Shaun Rogers’ x-rays didn’t look good.

data

Forbes #1

Randy Moss definitely was not a captain.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We've been hearing this stuff about captains for damn near decades now. Remember when Garrett's great Ivy League pedigree and sterling character led him to drafting captains? Yeah, we'd been doing that for years before. I'm sure most teams feel that way.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
l
This is one reason why I think they love Horn, besides the fact that McCarthy coached his dad and Quinn is boys with Muschamp. He has this reputation of being this uber-aggressive "dog", which he seems to be, and I think he could definitely bring some swag and nastiness to the secondary, but I think it's unfair to attribute all these sorts of traits to him as if he is the only one and Surtain isn't those things.
My god, I'd hope we'd never draft anyone based on swag or being a dog or whatever. Jaylon has plenty of swag but he can't run and avoids contact, which means he sucks.

Don't care how much a guy talks or how badass he acts, just give me a guy who can play. Stephon Gilmore's personality works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom