2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm not with 1big on this one. I think that Riley has a chance to revive USC. I think he is a fine coach.
I think he's a good coach as well. I just don't see him as a championship coach who can compete with the likes of Dabo, Saban, and Jimbo.

I think he's more like James Franklin. A good coach who'll get them 9 or 10 wins every year. The question is will USC be satisfied going 9-4 and 10-3 every year. Based on the compensation they're giving him, one would think their expectations are loftier than just winning some conference championships.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he's a good coach as well. I just don't see him as a championship coach who can compete with the likes of Dabo, Saban, and Jimbo.

I think he's more like James Franklin. A good coach who'll get them 9 or 10 wins every year. The question is will USC be satisfied going 9-4 and 10-3 every year. Based on the compensation they're giving him, one would think their expectations are loftier than just winning some conference championships.
I would think he could do as well at USC as he did at Oklahoma...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would think he could do as well at USC as he did at Oklahoma...
I also think he shifted the west coast recruitment to USC. In the past 10 years or so no school in that conference had an advantage because those teams were not producing dominant teams. I believe his presence will enhance USC.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

This basically ensures that each player will make 110k per year. What a damn travesty.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It will ruin college football.
Eh, not certain yet about ruin, but definitely disruptive change.

It just takes what was happening in the shadows and casts a ton of light on it. I don't have an issue with the kids that are putting in the work getting paid for it. Even shit kids in Appalachia in coal mines used to get paid.

You will see who the real "recruiters" are.

There will be a lot more volatility going forward than there ever has been.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It will ruin college football.
With OU/Texas moving to the SEC everything has changed, the only good thing I see out of it is UT is going to be Bama's bitch and never get in the playoffs again

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It just takes what was happening in the shadows and casts a ton of light on it. I don't have an issue with the kids that are putting in the work getting paid for it. Even shit kids in Appalachia in coal mines used to get paid.
This is just moving the money into the open. I remember every good player having a do-nothing job and new car back when I was in school

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With OU/Texas moving to the SEC everything has changed, the only good thing I see out of it is UT is going to be Bama's bitch and never get in the playoffs again
Texas made a huge mistake.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Texas made a huge mistake.
Yep, they had an easy route to get in playoffs every year especially since they are about to expand it and now they are going to have to deal with a SEC season and facing Saban

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep, they had an easy route to get in playoffs every year especially since they are about to expand it and now they are going to have to deal with a SEC season and facing Saban
Well, eventually Saban will quit. I don't think that will matter.

Austin is a boom town now. That will make the local celebrity thing bigger and create more distractions.

They will basically become the Cowboys.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Austin is a boom town now. That will make the local celebrity thing bigger and create more distractions.

They fucked up when they fired Mack. Now they are going thru a plethora of Jason Garrett ability HC's

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Too late, they are already the Cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom