2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Makes me wonder wtf was going on that everyone is abandoning ship. Looks like we're going to be in bad shape for a while.
I'm not too worried about the 2023 recruits that back out. There was a good chance that we lost a few of those guys anyway. Happens every year. Can't expect wishy washy high school kids to stick with a decision they made two years prior.

I'm not even sweating the Haselwood and Wease departures. They're 5-star recruits in title only.

Both of their careers have been marred with injuries and inconsistency. Each of them have something like 55 career catches for roughly 650 career yards and 7 or 8 TDs......over a three year period.

Pretty pedestrian production that will easily be replaced. Same with Stogner.

Nothing personal against them, but the departure of players like that won't sink the program.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Oklahoma State is playing like shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kittley, Mahomes and the Ewer are extremely tight. It has been reported that Todd Dodge could come to Tech after Southlake is done with playoffs. Could Ewers really happen? :skurred
Bring me Ewer next and I’m pretty happy with this staff.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I'm not too worried about the 2023 recruits that back out. There was a good chance that we lost a few of those guys anyway. Happens every year. Can't expect wishy washy high school kids to stick with a decision they made two years prior.

I'm not even sweating the Haselwood and Wease departures. They're 5-star recruits in title only.

Both of their careers have been marred with injuries and inconsistency. Each of them have something like 55 career catches for roughly 650 career yards and 7 or 8 TDs......over a three year period.

Pretty pedestrian production that will easily be replaced. Same with Stogner.

Nothing personal against them, but the departure of players like that won't sink the program.

Talked to my cousin this afternoon, he is friends with one of the big donors who is saying it's going to be Dabo Swinney and Venables as DC. We're hoping it's true. I'd be pretty damn happy.

My bad. Friend of a donor friend, so take that for what it's worth. Says it has something to do with Clemson's AD leaving for Miami.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Alabama's OC is currently kicking the shit out of Georgia's DC.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Talked to my cousin this afternoon, he is friends with one of the big donors who is saying it's going to be Dabo Swinney and Venables as DC. We're hoping it's true. I'd be pretty damn happy.

My bad. Friend of a donor friend, so take that for what it's worth. Says it has something to do with Clemson's AD leaving for Miami.
Oh, wow!

That would be huge if true. I saw the news about the Clemson AD heading to Miami with Cristobal rumored to be in play at HC, but I hadn't thought about what that meant for Dabo and his staff. You'd think Clemson and the new AD would bend over backwards to retain those two..

We shall see how this plays out. Damn, now you've got my hopes up, Cujo. :lol

This has been the craziest offseason as far as player and coach movement in CFB history.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That McConkey kids not related to Phil McConkey is he?

Too lazy to Google but I will if I must.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Oh, wow!

That would be huge if true. I saw the news about the Clemson AD heading to Miami with Cristobal rumored to be in play at HC, but I hadn't thought about what that meant for Dabo and his staff. You'd think Clemson and the new AD would bend over backwards to retain those two..

We shall see how this plays out. Damn, now you've got my hopes up, Cujo. :lol

This has been the craziest offseason as far as player and coach movement in CFB history.

Hope it's true. I think we'll know by this time tomorrow

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hope it's true. I think we'll know by this time tomorrow
I was actually wondering about Luke Fickell as well. He was rumored to be headed to ND but obviously that position has been filled.

I was thinking that maybe Joe C is respecting Cincy's position (battling for a playoff spot) and didn't want to upheave the Bearcats hopes of winning a title.

I've heard no rumors of this happening. These are just random thoughts that popped into my mind.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I was actually wondering about Luke Fickell as well. He was rumored to be headed to ND but obviously that position has been filled.

I was thinking that maybe Joe C is respecting Cincy's position (battling for a playoff spot) and didn't want to upheave the Bearcats hopes of winning a title.

I've heard no rumors of this happening. These are just random thoughts that popped into my mind.

Pretty sure he's on their list although I'm not sure if there's mutual interest. I was really hoping for Cristobal before this afternoon.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The NCAA needs to get rid of the early signing period and just go back to the old-fashioned February signing day.

An unintended consequence of the December signing day is head coaches are leaving their programs high and dry 2 weeks before signing day. It's also resulted in schools rushing coaching decisions just so they can get someone in place before signing day.

Perfect example is Brian Kelly and ND. If we didn't have this December signing day, I think there's a good chance that Kelly stays on as ND's head coach until the end of the season.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

There were rumors that was a guy he wanted to talk to. Maybe even Aranda and Dan Lanning also. All of them have games today.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Come on, Michigan.

Us 90s football fans want to see you get into the playoffs.

Or maybe just me. :art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom