2020 Training Camp Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
There is an Omni Hotel here in Houston.

They serve copious amounts of complimentary champagne. A good choice, to be sure.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm hopeful for a McGovern and Biadasz combo at left guard and center. But due to circumstances, I'm not overly optimistic.
I have to say Im optimistic at the possibility of improved LG play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to say Im optimistic at the possibility of improved LG play.
Connor Williams just has never looked comfortable.

They don't have any choice, but they need to work McGovern as many reps as possible and let him get ready to earn the job.

Williams can go to swing tackle. I firmly believe Irving is a step down from Fleming.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Connor Williams just has never looked comfortable.

They don't have any choice, but they need to work McGovern as many reps as possible and let him get ready to earn the job.

Williams can go to swing tackle. I firmly believe Irving is a step down from Fleming.
Williams has a narrow base and even though he added weight/muscle last year he never really looked bigger. He just looks small on the interior and isn't really able to hold the point belly to belly with DT's, he just looks slim and like he has no bulk through his lower body.

He's not a bad OG necessarily but the impression I get is he's going to be a JAG that we'd always like to replace but aren't necessarily desperate to replace. If McGovern beats him out that all changes of course.

With that said, I felt that Collins was destined to be an average starter so I may just be discounting how long it takes OL to develop, probably because guys like Smith, Frederick and Martin were all good to great right out of the gate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Williams has a narrow base and even though he added weight/muscle last year he never really looked bigger. He just looks small on the interior and isn't really able to hold the point belly to belly with DT's, he just looks slim and like he has no bulk through his lower body.

He's not a bad OG necessarily but the impression I get is he's going to be a JAG that we'd always like to replace but aren't necessarily desperate to replace. If McGovern beats him out that all changes of course.

With that said, I felt that Collins was destined to be an average starter so I may just be discounting how long it takes OL to develop, probably because guys like Smith, Frederick and Martin were all good to great right out of the gate.
Collins is a top shelf RT in my book.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Collins is a top shelf RT in my book.
Yea but he looked like an average gump starting there in 2017 and 2018, which is my point, it usually takes OL time to grow into their position while guys like Smith, Frederick and Martin were outliers who probably skewed my perception of Collins and perhaps Williams.

Top Bottom