2020 Training Camp Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
David: Let me tell you about a guy by the name of Sewo Olonilua ("Shay-woe. Oh-lah-nah-loo-ah"). In my mind he's one of the most intriguing undrafted free agents in this year's rookie class. The former TCU running back is 6'2, 232 and can run a 4.66 time in the 40. He ran for 1,624 yards during his four years at TCU as part of the Horned Frogs' backfield platoon, and he caught another 60 passes. He's got the bulk to block, and he's got the athleticism to do a lot more. If Mike McCarthy wants to keep a fullback in Olawale's place, this is the guy that intrigues me the most.

Rob: Olawale played only about 10% of the offense's snaps last year and was primarily a special teams contributor. But McCarthy did utilize the fullback position in Green Bay, so it'll be interesting to see what the Cowboys do here. Right now, Olonilua is probably the only backup on the camp roster with the size to transition to a lead-blocking role. As Dave said, he also can contribute as a rusher and receiver out of the backfield. Could tight ends Dalton Schultz and Blake Bell help out some in the backfield? Possibly. With no preseason games expected, Olonilua and the undrafted rookies just don't have many opportunities to stand out. But with no veteran replacement, he would seem to have a real chance.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Call me paranoid, but thats where the anxiety sets in. The injury is now a non issue, he feels better than ever, blah blah blah. But now let me provide added protection. Could be purely precautionary, but teams took him off their board for a reason. We have now seen why.

And this is coming from someone who owns a LVE jersey.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Call me paranoid, but thats where the anxiety sets in. The injury is now a non issue, he feels better than ever, blah blah blah. But now let me provide added protection. Could be purely precautionary, but teams took him off their board for a reason. We have now seen why.

And this is coming from someone who owns a LVE jersey.
It could be an issue, but i'd rather him play at full speed giving it everything he's got.

This is a blue collar hard ass who's ready to deliver pain, so let's enjoy the show.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom