2020 Training Camp Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just don't see it with the guy. We need more speed...he is a strider.
He can be really good up the seam and across the middle, IMO. He has just never been given the opportunity.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I know people like the personality, but I am hoping he is not our starting center all season long.

He has a leg up, but Martin was pretty much making the calls two years ago. We need Biadasz to mature quickly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He can be really good up the seam and across the middle, IMO. He has just never been given the opportunity.
Really good based on what? His Boise State performances? He didn't do all that well in his snaps last year.

Go watch the Jets game which was all of his extended time. Not so swell.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Meh, we won a playoff game with Looney starting all season two years ago, I think the new staff can work around him and have success, especially since this is literally the worst offseason possible if you want to groom a rookie into an immediate starter.

If he's the favorite to start going into 2021 then we have an issue.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Really good based on what? His Boise State performances? He didn't do all that well in his snaps last year.

Go watch the Jets game which was all of his extended time. Not so swell.

I agree, but compared to Johnson? Speed is nice and all but I feel like Wilson is much more refined and reliable.

But point taken if your point is neither is likely to pan out. That's true.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm hopeful for a McGovern and Biadasz combo at left guard and center. But due to circumstances, I'm not overly optimistic.
In due time, but I’m leery of two players with zero experience going side by side day one. Like you, I definitely favor McGovern over Williams.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life

This is hopefully where he steps up after shining in camp and disappearing in the preseason last year. We are really in bad shape at WR after the top three.
Agreed. It would be great for all parties if he can step up this year.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life

I know people like the personality, but I am hoping he is not our starting center all season long.

He has a leg up, but Martin was pretty much making the calls two years ago. We need Biadasz to mature quickly.
We need a dog in there, not a happy-go-lucky, glad to be here nice guy. Looney is a patch until you find something better.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Meh, we won a playoff game with Looney starting all season two years ago, I think the new staff can work around him and have success, especially since this is literally the worst offseason possible if you want to groom a rookie into an immediate starter.

If he's the favorite to start going into 2021 then we have an issue.
I want him replaced ASAP. Frederick started from day one, granted with that normal offseason.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
In due time, but I’m leery of two players with zero experience going side by side day one. Like you, I definitely favor McGovern over Williams.
A valid concern. I would hope that being lined up with All-Pro's on the other side would help in the transition.

Top Bottom