Probably just a matter of time before the season shuts down,

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yep, starting to circle the drain now.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
MLB figured it out. I can't imagine the NFL would want the embarrassment of being the only sport that can't figure it out and complete a season.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
plus they have bye weeks to work with. even if they have to shut down for an entire month, the season can still go on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
plus they have bye weeks to work with. even if they have to shut down for an entire month, the season can still go on.
If anything they may need to just push the playoffs back. You might need wiggle room at the end of the year fof makeuo games. That's about all.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Probably just a matter of time before the season shuts down,
I'm going to give them a little more time to pull themselves out of this nosedive. MLB looked like they were headed for an early collapse as well with a couple of teams having outbreaks, but they managed to steady the ship and play out the rest of the season.

The trickier part with the NFL is figuring out all these schedule contingencies as this isn't a sport like baseball where missed games can be made up with a steady diet of double headers.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If anything they may need to just push the playoffs back. You might need wiggle room at the end of the year fof makeuo games. That's about all.
I think this is probably what we'll see happen. I think maybe teams that have to make up a game will have a week 18 and all other teams that have clinched playoff spots with get an unexpected bye week.

As for the Super Bowl, given the unique circumstances of this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see the game pushed to the right and if for some off reason Raymond James Stadium isn't available at a later date, I think they could easily pivot to another location. Especially since they likely won't have to deal with as many logistical issues due to the lack of fans and the reduced number of media.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
supercuck Florio is a BLM adherent and Corona Bros, so I'm not surprisd his name is on that byline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom