2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the Ramsey deal was made AFTER that failed Super Bowl attempt. It's one thing to go 'all in' to take your shot. But to then hand over two 1st round picks and forfeit all negotiating leverage after the fact? That will get Snead fired.
It was like a desperation move to try and fix things. But it was a bad move that is only going to compound their problems as they have no young cheap talent now. They sold out for short term success and then made it evem worse trying to do it one more year.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
It was like a desperation move to try and fix things. But it was a bad move that is only going to compound their problems as they have no young cheap talent now. They sold out for short term success and then made it evem worse trying to do it one more year.
That's how I see it.

Signing Suh to load up for that one run was one thing, but then mortgaging two 1st rounders without getting an extension don even right then? Yeah, Snead screwed the franchise there.

That move, as well as the Texans doing the same with Tunsil, will be decisions that will cost teams huge, and cost the GM's that did it their jobs.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm glad that there's something we can agree on.
:thumbsup

For me, that Ramsey trade, and the inevitable outcome, is what will get Snead fired. And why I personally put him in that same group with those other GM's.
I just wonder if Wade stood on the table for him for the difference maker for another run? Admittedly it doesnt excuse getting fleeced for him but I get giving a big voice to the DC that just got you to the SB. And actually tbf if Goff hadn't regressed as bad as he did their yr would have been much better

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Bottom line is comparing the Rams mistakes to the Texans is night and day

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I just wonder if Wade stood on the table for him for the difference maker for another run? Admittedly it doesnt excuse getting fleeced for him but I get giving a big voice to the DC that just got you to the SB.
I wouldn't think so, especially when you then Fire that same defensive coordinator at season's end.

And actually tbf if Goff hadn't regressed as bad as he did their yr would have been much better
That's a lot of speculation to me. They clearly weren't the same team from the year before. In many ways.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Bottom line is comparing the Rams mistakes to the Texans is night and day
Bottom line, both teams gave up two 1st round picks for players and did not get long term contracts worked out with either one. Day and day.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I wouldn't think so, especially when you then Fire that same defensive coordinator at season's end.

That's a lot of speculation to me. They clearly weren't the same team from the year before. In many ways.
Yea but Goff clearly took a step back

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yea but Goff clearly took a step back
Undoubtedly so, yes.

Rumor has it that McVey was feeding him pre-snap instructions in 2018, until the Bears figured it out. When most of the rest of the league figured that out as well (save for Dallas), he was never the same player.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Bottom line, both teams gave up two 1st round picks for players and did not get long term contracts worked out with either one. Day and day.
No it's not the same because the Rams actually had success just a yr before. That's a really big difference from the Texans
who have had none

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
No it's not the same because the Rams actually had success just a yr before. That's a really big difference from the Texans
who have had none
But they are the same catastrophically bad moves. You can't deny that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No I can't. And I don't.

And that same guy also gave the team $20 million in dead money for that running back.

$20 million.

For a running back.
I don't disagree their chickens are coming home to roost, I'm just saying they are way ahead of the Texans

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Lesser of two evils? OK.

Bill O'Brien IS in a class by himself!
:lol
He is, they literally have players declining to sign with them because of BOB

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
He is, they literally have players declining to sign with them because of BOB
Yeah, it's a shame that with McNair's passing they've fallen into disarray, handing the reigns over to a madman, who has flushed the franchise into the toilet before he gets fired.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If you're desperate, GB- Pitt Super Bowl on FOX @ 3 est.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I have a hard time re-watching an entire game, knowing how it turned out. Certain plays, yes, but not the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom