Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Jesus.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't think Pace should have a job at this point.

Lump him in with Les Snead and Bill O'Brien, who have destroyed the Rams and Texans.
Well that's not fair at all, the Rams just got to a SB and the Texans have went full retard giving OBrien full control of everything

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Well that's not fair at all, the Rams just got to a SB and the Texans have went full retard giving OBrien full control of everything
They did. But now the Rams are a mess, and just had to cut their top running back, taking a huge cap hit. And good luck giving Jalen Ramsey everything he wants in his new contract because they have no choice.

And yes, the Texans are full retard.

But look at what Pace has done to the Bears, specifically what he gave up for Trubisky. No coming back from that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They did. But now the Rams are a mess, and just had to cut their top running back, taking a huge cap hit. And good luck giving Jalen Ramsey everything he wants in his new contract because they have no choice.

And yes, the Texans are full retard.

But look at what Pace has done to the Bears, specifically what he gave up for Trubisky. No coming back from that.
I'm not defending the Bears, I'm saying throwing in a team that just got to the SB a yr back is bs. I'm saying it's too soon to criticize the Rams for a down yr. The Texans and Bears def deserve the scorn but I'd gladly trade an off year for getting to the show

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I'm not defending the Bears, I'm saying throwing in a team that just got to the SB a yr back is bs. I'm saying it's too soon to criticize the Rams for a down yr. The Texans and Bears def deserve the scorn but I'd gladly trade an off year for getting to the show
OK. But like I've said, the Rams made some bad short term decisions that have quickly come back to haunt them.

And keep that Ramsey situation in mind when it comes home to roost. And who told you about it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
OK. But like I've said, the Rams made some bad short term decisions that have quickly come back to haunt them.
And keep that Ramsey situation in mind when it comes home to roost. And who told you about it.
Sigh..... this is tiresome. I give a big pass to a team that just made it to the SB. At least for a couple yrs.

Maybe, just maybe...you might have unrealistic expectations..

j/s

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sigh..... this is tiresome. I give a big pass to a team that just made it to the SB. At least for a couple yrs.

j/s
Yeah it's sort of the gamble of going all in for a Superbowl. The Rams have sort of made a lot of short term moves that are maybe hurting them long term.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah it's sort of the gamble of going all in for a Superbowl. The Rams have sort of made a lot of short teek moves that are maybe hurting them long term.
Exactly, but at least they got their chance

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life

j/s
Maybe it's just different expectations?

"Making it to the SB" one year, while destroying the team long term, isn't all that impressive to me.

I don't give that same "pass", especially with a terrible Jalen Ramsey trade afterwards, where they now have to pay him anything he wants.

Is that difference of opinion OK?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
People thinking we can build a dynasty to steadily compete again in the FA age are dreaming unless you have a one in a million coach like Belichick

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yeah it's sort of the gamble of going all in for a Superbowl. The Rams have sort of made a lot of short teek moves that are maybe hurting them long term.
And the Ramsey deal was made AFTER that failed Super Bowl attempt. It's one thing to go 'all in' to take your shot. But to then hand over two 1st round picks and forfeit all negotiating leverage after the fact? That will get Snead fired.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And the Ramsey deal was made AFTER that failed Super Bowl attempt. It's one thing to go 'all in' to take your shot. But to then hand over two 1st round picks and forfeit all negotiating leverage after the fact? That will get Snead fired.
I agree it's a stupid move, I think as a whole here we undervalue cb's and I do more than most. I believe a dominant dline makes or breaks your defense

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I agree it's a stupid move, I think as a whole here we undervalue cb's and I do more than most. I believe a dominant dline makes or breaks your defense
I'm glad that there's something we can agree on.
:thumbsup

For me, that Ramsey trade, and the inevitable outcome, is what will get Snead fired. And why I personally put him in that same group with those other GM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom