2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is everybody aware that NFL Game pass is now free to watch game replays? If not, now you do, enjoy!
Cool, watching us make Mitch Trubisky into Joe Montana right now.

Isn't it good through May 31? I saw my account was good through, I think, July. I put in my email and guessed at a password and it worked. Wonder if they're going to try to charge me somehow after the free period is up.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Cool, watching us make Mitch Trubisky into Joe Montana right now.

Isn't it good through May 31? I saw my account was good through, I think, July. I put in my email and guessed at a password and it worked. Wonder if they're going to try to charge me somehow after the free period is up.
I don't think so, I think they'll probably just cut it off. I know I didn't see any trap statements about being charged for anything later. All it was was a cost of $0.00.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It sounds like the NFL Network & ESPN will do a combined draft telecast from ESPN's studios.

From Peter King's latest Football Morning In America article:

Momentum is building for ESPN and NFL Network to do a combined draft telecast. Over the weekend I spoke with four people with knowledge of the ongoing discussions between the league, ESPN and NFL Network about draft weekend plans on April 23-25. It’s looking more likely that instead of the two football rivals doing info-warring separate telecasts, they’ll combine to do one telecast, likely out of the ESPN studio in Bristol, Conn., with NFL Network talent either co-hosting or being major contributors to the coverage. As it was explained to me, it’s looking more and more likely that West and East coast studios owned and operated by the NFL, in Culver City, Calif., and Mount Laurel, N.J., will remain closed by state decrees, while the ESPN facility is allowed to remain open on a limited basis. And the socially responsible thing, as one person told me, is to have one unified broadcast.

How will it look? TBD, though I’d expect NFL Network’s traditional host Rich Eisen and personnel expert Daniel Jeremiah, at the very least, to be have prime roles in the show. One good thing is while NFL Network and ESPN have a healthy rivalry, it’s not a bitter Red Sox-Yankees type; the executives and many of the anchors at each shop have mostly good relationships. This isn’t final, but it seems to be the way the league and networks are leaning right now.

This likely would not affect the scheduled ABC draft show. There are plans for that show to go on as scheduled, with the larger network doing less of a hard-core football telecast with different anchors and talent.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think so, I think they'll probably just cut it off. I know I didn't see any trap statements about being charged for anything later. All it was was a cost of $0.00.
No, it doesn't just cut off. I'm pretty sure you have to log into the NFL.com and cancel the service manually otherwise they'll charge you.

They gave it away free during the preseason a couple of years ago & I used it to watch a Cowboys game.....in the fine print it said you had to contact them to cancel or you'll be auto-renewed at whatever the subscription fee is.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
No, it doesn't just cut off. I'm pretty sure you have to log into the NFL.com and cancel the service manually otherwise they'll charge you.

They gave it away free during the preseason a couple of years ago & I used it to watch a Cowboys game.....in the fine print it said you had to contact them to cancel or you'll be auto-renewed at whatever the subscription fee is.
I guess we'll have to get a definitive answer on this then? Anyone know for certain?

1bigfan13

Staff member
I guess we'll have to get a definitive answer on this then? Anyone know for certain?
Here you go. I copied the below info from my NFL.com account. I'm on the free trial as well and they automatically set it for auto-renewal. A green check mark was next to that statement that says "Yes, I agree to subscribed for auto-renewal......" I didn't do that when I signed up. NFL.com's system automatically checks that box.

So yeah, you'll have to set a reminder or something so that you can remember to cancel the service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Game Pass

Billed Date: 18-Mar-2020
Access Through: 31-May-2020 23:59

Yes, I agree to subscribe for auto-renewal billing as outlined in the terms and conditions, and I understand that my subscription will automatically renew on approximately August 1 prior to the start of the next NFL season at such year's full season rate (plus any applicable taxes).

You have already passed the three days from an outright purchase, or the seven days from a yearly auto-renewal, and are therefore ineligible to receive a refund for your subscription. Your access to NFL Game Pass will continue until July 31, 2020. We hope you continue to enjoy NFL Game Pass, and let us know if you have any issues.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Here you go. I copied the below info from my NFL.com account. I'm on the free trial as well and they automatically set it for auto-renewal. A green check mark was next to that statement that says "Yes, I agree to subscribed for auto-renewal......" I didn't do that when I signed up. NFL.com's system automatically checks that box.

So yeah, you'll have to set a reminder or something so that you can remember to cancel the service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Game Pass

Billed Date: 18-Mar-2020
Access Through: 31-May-2020 23:59

Yes, I agree to subscribe for auto-renewal billing as outlined in the terms and conditions, and I understand that my subscription will automatically renew on approximately August 1 prior to the start of the next NFL season at such year's full season rate (plus any applicable taxes).

You have already passed the three days from an outright purchase, or the seven days from a yearly auto-renewal, and are therefore ineligible to receive a refund for your subscription. Your access to NFL Game Pass will continue until July 31, 2020. We hope you continue to enjoy NFL Game Pass, and let us know if you have any issues.
Thank you for that head's up, I appreciate you taking the time. I'll have to set that reminder!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Outside of losing the alarm clock numbers, looks the same.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I miss the creamsicle!
Same here. I love the old throwbacks that are different, like the Pats also.

I saw where the NFL was thinking about changing that dumb one-helmet rule, which would allow those old classics to come back. Even Arians said he loved the creamsicles, so I think it would happen.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Our bank accounts!
:drums
Yep. It's pretty much just a bi-annual money grab for most of these teams.

I swear teams like the Falcons, Seahawks, Buccaneers, Titans, and Jets change uniforms at least every other year.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yep. It's pretty much just a bi-annual money grab for most of these teams.

I swear teams like the Falcons, Seahawks, Buccaneers, Titans, and Jets change uniforms at least every other year.
To say nothing of now putting four different versions out there to give the diehards even more to buy and more money to spend.

1bigfan13

Staff member
To say nothing of now putting four different versions out there to give the diehards even more to buy and more money to spend.
I'm actually quite shocked that Jerry Jones' money hungry ass hasn't dove headfirst into the new-uniforms-every-3-years racket.

Aside from the league mandated color rush uniforms and the double-star throwbacks, Dallas has stayed with tradition.

I'll give the wrinkled old fart credit for that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm actually quite shocked that Jerry Jones' money hungry ass hasn't dove headfirst into the new-uniforms-every-3-years racket.

Aside from the league mandated color rush uniforms and the double-star throwbacks, Dallas has stayed with tradition.

I'll give the wrinkled old fart credit for that.
I think he views our jerseys as iconic and knows people will buy jerseys regardless. People buy them for the player on the back not because of a new look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom