2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not liking Darius Slay being an Eagle. I will say one thing about that team, they aren't afraid to go out and address weaknesses in FA and trades.
Yeah their defense sucked last year. They've gone out and added two legit pieces. Sure they may be over paying Slay right now but they will still be better because of it.

Luckily they haven't really improved the offense up to this point yet.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Without question this has to be this guy's last season. Feel for a monster like Deshaun Watson being hamstrung by idiot coaching.
Sounds familiar.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Without question this has to be this guy's last season. Feel for a monster like Deshaun Watson being hamstrung by idiot coaching.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Despite choking away a 24 point lead which included the inexcusable decision to call a fake punt inside his own 30, Bill O'Brien received a promotion and is now the official GM along with being the HC.

That tells me he has a very long leash and I would bet on him coming back in 2021 regardless of what happens in 2020.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I have seen a lot of rumors linking Yannick to the Eagles.

Man, I could have swore that team was in cap hell just a year ago. How the frick can they now afford to sign Hargrave, Slay, and potentially a sign and trade for Yannick, who wants 20 mil a season?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Man, I could have swore that team was in cap hell just a year ago. How the frick can they now afford to sign Hargrave, Slay, and potentially a sign and trade for Yannick, who wants 20 mil a season?
Haven't seen the rumor but that would be pretty crazy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

They will have absolute shit for depth if they do that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it's only a matter of time before they release Sammy Watkins and free up $14 million.

Sammy Watkins
And if they do, I wonder if Dallas is all over him. He was the target in the 2018 FA before they got cold feet about the money.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
And if they do, I wonder if Dallas is all over him. He was the target in the 2018 FA before they got cold feet about the money.
I would hope not. In retrospect, the Chiefs saved us from making that mistake on Watkins ourselves. And this team has more than enough money invested in receiver already. Cooper was the guy they got when Watkins signed with Kansas City and I think we ended up getting the better one.

What I would like to see is an inexpensive signing in WR Taylor Gabriel, cut by the Bears. He's a speed/gadget/slot guy that I think would add a lot to the offense and not break the bank. And as an added bonus, his signing wouldn't affect comp pick calculations either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom