2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Knowing Jerry he's probably talked himself into thinking things will be better next season once everyone's healthy. He already laid the groundwork with that comment about only 60% of the salary cap being available for the Washington game.

I'm fairly confident that will be his selling point next offseason.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Seems to me we've gone full "Sean Lee" on Tyron Smith. How much longer do we have to keep saying "He'll be back next year" or "If Tyron can have a full healthy season...". Have we not seen enough yet?
We HAVE to get serious about finding his replacement...now!! Not "soon". 2021 draft has to be the answer.
And I'll kick Jerry's ass myself if we don't come into 2021 with two young stud DT's. One has to be a run stuffing mauler

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Knowing Jerry he's probably talked himself into thinking things will be better next season once everyone's healthy. He already laid the groundwork with that comment about only 60% of the salary cap being available for the Washington game.

I'm fairly confident that will be his selling point next offseason.
:jerry

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
This begs the question, which of our low profile cheap FA signings have really panned out in the past 4-5 years off the top of everyone’s head?

Of course, the lower the barrel you scrape, the less chance you have of hitting, but it seems like our pro personnel scouting department sucks ass. Of course, with the “collective” brain trust we have it’s hard to figure who exactly to pin that on, but damn. It seems like outside of the trade for Quinn, we haven’t ever really got crap out of any outsider we‘ve brought in recently.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This begs the question, which of our low profile cheap FA signings have really panned out in the past 4-5 years off the top of everyone’s head?

Of course, the lower the barrel you scrape, the less chance you have of hitting, but it seems like our pro personnel scouting department sucks ass. Of course, with the “collective” brain trust we have it’s hard to figure who exactly to pin that on, but damn. It seems like outside of the trade for Quinn, we haven’t ever really got crap out of any outsider we‘ve brought in recently.
Jeremy Mincey, Joe Looney, Rolando McClain (somewhat), Antwaun Woods, Justin Durant.

The moral of the story is even when you hit, are you really hitting?

All you're really doing is buying yourself maybe two years of average starting play, and yet they'd rather sign 5 guys like that a year than consolidate all that money into just signing 1-2 legitimate long-term, somewhat high-level starters.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If he's always been that overweight and preforming that poorly, why wait until now to address it? At a minimum the coaches should have benched him a long time ago for failing to meet conditioning standards. Yet there he was.....in the starting lineup playing significant minutes every week.

This is another example of this organization refusing to hold players to the standard. I can't even give them credit for churning Poe's worthless ass because I think his release had just as much to do with him kneeling during the anthem. If he weren't kneeling he'd still be on the roster along with the other useless losers. The weight was just a convenient excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Random...

I don't think Poe had anything to do with kneeling. I barely even knew he was kneeling. I did know he looked incredibly lazy and never made a play on the field.

Wonder if what Favre said about Mike being tough and having that abrupt manner could be clashing with some of these guys being used to being pampered for years... Sub sandwiches aside

Also, yeah Booze... I hate Zeke's attitude also.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Random...

I don't think Poe had anything to do with kneeling. I barely even knew he was kneeling. I did know he looked incredibly lazy and never made a play on the field.

Wonder if what Favre said about Mike being tough and having that abrupt manner could be clashing with some of these guys being used to being pampered for years... Sub sandwiches aside

Also, yeah Booze... I hate Zeke's attitude also.
He did kneel and told Jerry that he was. They showed it once on TV that I remember.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If he's always been that overweight and preforming that poorly, why wait until now to address it? At a minimum the coaches should have benched him a long time ago for failing to meet conditioning standards. Yet there he was.....in the starting lineup playing significant minutes every week.

This is another example of this organization refusing to hold players to the standard. I can't even give them credit for churning Poe's worthless ass because I think his release had just as much to do with him kneeling during the anthem. If he weren't kneeling he'd still be on the roster along with the other useless losers. The weight was just a convenient excuse as far as I'm concerned.
Why even sign his ass. I mean, he had to take a physical. Could they not see he was a fatass then? I highly doubt he threw on 30 pounds between the physical and the first game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Why even sign his ass. I mean, he had to take a physical. Could they not see he was a fatass then? I highly doubt he threw on 30 pounds between the physical and the first game.
No clue with this organization. They probably convinced themselves that he would work it off during training camp.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So, Cooper it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom