2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our 2021 cap space is up to about 35ish though and that doesn't even account for the ability to cut another 5 or so being taken up by shitbirds like Canady, Darian Thompson and Chris Jones.

It also doesn't account for the cap potentially going up from the 175 floor that was set a few months ago.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

So, Cooper it is then.
Why would trading Gallup even be a consideration???

Since when do 24 year old playmaking WRs grow on trees?

I don't want to get rid of any of those receivers as they are the strength of the team. But if you're gonna do that, you trade the guy with the 90 million dollar contract who seems to be having more frequent lower body injuries, not the 24 year old who hasn't even reached his prime.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If there's a trade it'll be Cooper, not Gallup, who is still on a rookie deal. I don't think there will be a trade either way.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
How tradeable is that contract?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
As much as I have grown to like Cooper, he is the only one of our top 3 I would trade. You have to have something to build on.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
As much as I have grown to like Cooper, he is the only one of our top 3 I would trade. You have to have something to build on.

I wish Gallup or Cee Dee steps up and starts calling it their Corp. Let a leader emerge and give the corp confidence and direction

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How tradeable is that contract?
We'd take a big cap hit this year so something would have to be worked out with his signing bonus prorated amount, but if that can be worked out with the trading team then it's possible.

I don't think it's very likely though, especially since we can release him after next season with very minimal cap hit, so I'd rather just keep him and run it back for a year unless someone was offering us like a 2nd rounder.

I'm definitely not eating that cap hit for a 3rd or 4th when we could keep him and just release him in about 16 months.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Colin Cowherd (ugh) is pushing a trade to Green Bay, but they're already paying Adams big bucks.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If they do trade Cooper I hope its to @bbgun second favorite team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It would be irresponsibly idiotic and myopic to trade any of the WRs right now unless you are blown away by a deal.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
It would be irresponsibly idiotic and myopic to trade any of the WRs right now unless you are blown away by a deal.

we re not going to win anything this year, and Cooper isnt needed.

im not saying any deal but if a better than average deal came for him, i d take it. hes not a WR we need going forward.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
we re not going to win anything this year, and Cooper isnt needed.

im not saying any deal but if a better than average deal came for him, i d take it. hes not a WR we need going forward.
Cooper is still young and as of right now still our best WR.

It's myopic to diminish your strongest position, one that can make your offense historically good over the next couple of years when the QB comes back, just because your current season is disappointing.

I wouldn't part with Cooper unless the deal is so good that we can't refuse it.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Cooper is still young and as of right now still our best WR.

It's myopic to diminish your strongest position, one that can make your offense historically good over the next couple of years when the QB comes back, just because your current season is disappointing.

I wouldn't part with Cooper unless the deal is so good that we can't refuse it.

over the years we have him Cooper has been both dynamic and spectacular, really? thats what you would hold on to going forward?

if he was solid and dependable, sure, but not as our number 1. Not with Gallup and Cee Dee on the rise.

Cooper goes missing at times, hes not taking charge, heck he might not even be our number 1 reciever right now.

hes also not the best to target at times. id be ok letting him walk away, hes nothing that we cant live without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom