2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jesus Christ, don't we have enough bad contracts as it is? Chido is only good compared to Worley.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Got a gut feeling Dak's gonna take a shit after he gets his extension as well. I know we're better with him on the field, but count me as one who thinks he's fool's gold.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jesus Christ, don't we have enough bad contracts as it is? Chido is only good compared to Worley.

I don't think the market would be that much for Awuzie. I'd extend him for the right price assuming it's relatively cheap.

That said, there isn't a single player on the defense I'd be concerned about losing. Let them all walk for all I care.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I'd consider re-signing either Awuzie or Lewis but only if it's cheap and only because I don't want them to reach for a CB in the draft. If they're BPA, fine, but I don't want them locking in on a CB 6 weeks before the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd consider re-signing either Awuzie or Lewis but only if it's cheap and only because I don't want them to reach for a CB in the draft. If they're BPA, fine, but I don't want them locking in on a CB 6 weeks before the draft.
Exactly. Otherwise you end up with the Mo Claibornes of this world.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are you saying Patrick Surtain is Mo Claiborne? I'm assuming right now he would be a corner rated in the top 10 of this draft.
And what if he goes before our pick? Signing Awuzie for a reasonable price is better than going into a draft absolutely having to take a corner with your first pick. This team needs help everywhere except WR.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
To be fair I don't think we would absolutely need to go CB in the 1st even if we did let Awuzie/Lewis go. We'd still have Diggs and Brown as starters and at first glance this CB class looks relatively deep, at least deep enough that we could easily get a guy who could operate as a 3rd CB/future starter with our top 5-7 pick in the 2nd round.

Even aside from not reaching, I'd also rather them not prioritize CB over front 7, all things being equal. Like, if the choice comes down to Gregory Rousseau or the top CB, I'd rather be in a position to take Rousseau and not the CB.

I do like Farley a good bit but I just can't see us picking any lower than 6-8 and I'd rather go front 7 for sure.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I guess it would be too much fail to open a 2021 draft thread. :picard

p1_

DCC 4Life

Woods apparently hurt his mangina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom