2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't agree with this at all. Garrett obviously was not the only problem, but he damn sure was a big part of it.
Not only was he a big part of the problem but I think we are dealing with the same culture issues that he created in Dallas. It's not so easy to turn that shit around instantaneously with no offseason. Ultimately that's why Parcells basically had to rip everything apart and start fresh. We had 10 years of Garrett building this culture. You can't expect it to suddenly flip after 6 months during a quarantine.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We had 10 years of Garrett building this culture. You can't expect it to suddenly flip after 6 months during a quarantine.
The Joneses set the culture in Dallas, not the coaches. Instead of some long-needed introspection, Jerry and Stephen spent the morning soft-soaping last night's loss by noting we can still win the East, as if that mattered.

AAron_Burrrr

Not So New Member
Not only was he a big part of the problem but I think we are dealing with the same culture issues that he created in Dallas. It's not so easy to turn that shit around instantaneously with no offseason. Ultimately that's why Parcells basically had to rip everything apart and start fresh. We had 10 years of Garrett building this culture. You can't expect it to suddenly flip after 6 months during a quarantine.
Lol Garrett created the culture eh ? ROFL

AAron_Burrrr

Not So New Member
Players like Zeke and Demarcus Lawrence are why the teams' culture is what it is. It's also why the same mistakes persist through entirely different staffs ...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The biggest problem the Cowboys have with Elliot is they are not in a position to sit him with the payroll he is garnering. It’s almost a rule that you play the high number and high paid draft choices. How long would any of you if you owned a franchise would set up a huge player contract then if they screwed up put them on the bench and leave them there? Until Elliot gets disciplined by some method that touches his wallet he may not be disciplined enough to get back to a players mentality. He strikes me as someone who is preoccupied and his mind is elsewhere. When he goes to the bench after a screw up, the first thing he does is look up. Most players have their heads down when screw up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The biggest problem the Cowboys have with Elliot is they are not in a position to sit him with the payroll he is garnering. It’s almost a rule that you play the high number and high paid draft choices. How long would any of you if you owned a franchise would set up a huge player contract then if they screwed up put them on the bench and leave them there? Until Elliot gets disciplined by some method that touches his wallet he may not be disciplined enough to get back to a players mentality. He strikes me as someone who is preoccupied and his mind is elsewhere. When he goes to the bench after a screw up, the first thing he does is look up. Most players have their heads down when screw up.
Why can't you sit a guy making big money? If he hurts your team I see no reason regardless of his check to play him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah couldn't be their fault for shitty effort, fumbles and dropped passes.
Yeah...I am not ready to take a giant shit on the whole staff as long as the turnovers are an issue.

Even great coaches can't overcome the great equalizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom