2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Urban Meyer told UT no.

Eat shit, dirt bags.
If he returns to college football, I think it’s to coach USC. I’d kill to have him at Michigan, but he’s reportedly expressed interest behind closed doors in the USC job if/when Helton is canned.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The Longhorns are the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA, all hype, never perform any where close to their reputation, spoiled, full of themselves, etc, etc
That the state of Texas in general.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm running with the conspiracy theory that Jim Harbaugh privately relaxed COVID protocols at Michigan ahead of the Ohio State game in hopes of the game being canceled.

He knew he had a 50+ point loss coming his way so he needed an out.
You’re not the only one who feels that way. Many folks in Ann Arbor feel that way as well because it increases Harbaugh’s opportunity to keep his job should he choose not to jump to the NFL. Had he lost to OSU by yet another substantial margin (and I think it would’ve been by more than 40), there’s no way that he’d be able to keep his job. Canceling the game gave him an out.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There is a ton of pressure and donor support for Briles to Tech. There were a few documents dropped today "exonerating" Briles from blame and there is much justification being thrown out that he got railroaded.

Don't know what is going to happen but I can guarantee you that it won't be status quo. A move of some kind will be made. I am hoping and praying that it won't be switching coordinators. That is not going to work. Wells' buyout is 9 million this year and 7 next year. If you keep Wells the program will lose more than the 2 million in savings. Plus, donors are willing to drop the cash for the buyout and to pay the new dude. I'm sure that comes with strings attached so who knows if the money is accepted.

According to me:

5% nothing happens
5% Wells and Kirby get shit canned
30% Wells stays and switched coordinator/s
60% Wells is fired

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is a ton of pressure and donor support for Briles to Tech. There were a few documents dropped today "exonerating" Briles from blame and there is much justification being thrown out that he got railroaded.

Don't know what is going to happen but I can guarantee you that it won't be status quo. A move of some kind will be made. I am hoping and praying that it won't be switching coordinators. That is not going to work. Wells' buyout is 9 million this year and 7 next year. If you keep Wells the program will lose more than the 2 million in savings. Plus, donors are willing to drop the cash for the buyout and to pay the new dude. I'm sure that comes with strings attached so who knows if the money is accepted.

According to me:

5% nothing happens
5% Wells and Kirby is shit canned
30% Wells stays and switched coordinator/s
60% Wells is fired
They just shut down one of the athletic facilities to the public. There are rumblings that Wells is on his way out.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

We are starting to see a flurry of these types of articles come out. I expect more in the coming days as there is a push to get Briles back into the college game.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Looks like a Wells is gonna get canned. Waiting on him to get over Covid.

Briles is highly likely.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Soon

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm hearing the same rumblings. Not necessarily about Briles (although I have seen many rumors), but Wells is most likely gone.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm hearing the same rumblings. Not necessarily about Briles (although I have seen many rumors), but Wells is most likely gone.
A lot of different things could happen here. I can’t imagine that Wells would be back. If he was staying and I changes made Kirby woood have given the vote of confidence publicly already. If it was a change of coordinators then why wait? If it is a firing then I could see waiting until Wells gets over covid and/or signing day. Kirby isn’t going to upstage the bball game today so I’m guessing Monday or after signing day.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched most of that UNC-Miami game and came away impressed with what's Mack Brown's built there in a relatively short period of time.

On the other side of the house, a big LOL goes out to Miami. Like Texas, it seems like every year the narrative is to talk Miami up and reinsert them into the conversation of potential title contenders. And every year the Hurricanes fold like a house of cards in the big games that matter.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I watched most of that UNC-Miami game and came away impressed with what's Mack Brown's built there in a relatively short period of time.

On the other side of the house, a big LOL goes out to Miami. Like Texas, it seems like every year the narrative is to talk Miami up and reinsert them into the conversation of potential title contenders. And every year the Hurricanes fold like a house of cards in the big games that matter.
Was Jaylon playing that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom