2020 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We're going to the UGA vs. Vanderbilt game this weekend.

I've read that Vandy's kicker may be back on the roster, but was really hoping to see the lady kicker try a FG.
I read this and was like, wait a minute didn't this game get cancelled.

...and the game has been postponed til December 19.
Then I scrolled down and saw this. Sucks that your plans got cancelled the day before.

This year you have to cross your fingers and pray all the way up until the day of the game that you game doesn't get cancelled or postponed.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hiring a coach is such a crapshoot plus a ton of luck. Briles was like 3-9 for his first two seasons at Houston and Baylor. It wasn't until he was able to build up the roster with badasses in both trenches that he started to get traction. There is no guarantee he could duplicate that plus hit on a Heisman player like RG3.
Plus he's in his mid 60s now. Those older coaches usually can't recreate the magic they had at their previous stops. Guys like Spurrier & Les Miles have tried and failed.

I think Tech should keep targeting younger coaches. Raid the staffs of some of the other quality programs. There's probably quite a few bright young coordinators out there who are on the brink of breaking out. If I were a TT fan I'd rather go that route rather than hiring some geezer coach who's past his prime.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Plus he's in his mid 60s now. Those older coaches usually can't recreate the magic they had at their previous stops. Guys like Spurrier & Les Miles have tried and failed.

I think Tech should keep targeting younger coaches. Raid the staffs of some of the other quality programs. There's probably quite a few bright young coordinators out there who are on the brink of breaking out. If I were a TT fan I'd rather go that route rather than hiring some geezer coach who's past his prime.
Agreed.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I read this and was like, wait a minute didn't this game get cancelled.

Then I scrolled down and saw this. Sucks that your plans got cancelled the day before.

This year you have to cross your fingers and pray all the way up until the day of the game that you game doesn't get cancelled or postponed.
Yeah, it sucks but just found out we got the tickets yesterday.

The company my brother works for gets several seats so we usually get to make some of the crappier home games.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

That’s probably best route but I hate the idea of not having a known commodity that can run an organization. It is not a simple as having a great football mind or a fancy scheme. Tech is in a really tough spot in that they need to catch lightening ASAP. Slowly building a program is insufficient in 2020.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

In support of “Geezer Coaches” Tech would have done well to have a coach like Mack Brown. The Longhorns have been a little less of a system without him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
In support of “Geezer Coaches” Tech would have done well to have a coach like Mack Brown. The Longhorns have been a little less of a system without him.
I forgot about geezer Mack Brown. He's actually doing a good job at UNC.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Let’s go Kansas!

Dear God this is an abomination.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let’s go Kansas!

Dear God this is an abomination.
Yeah, it has been rough to watch all season. Hell, for a decade or so. At least we have basketball and baseball.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This has been a fucked up year, but you have to be impressed how Indiana has stepped up.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We beat Indy 10 straight times and we lost to a fucking backup QB at home. When did IU, a basketball school, get good at football?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We beat Indy 10 straight times and we lost to a fucking backup QB at home. When did IU, a basketball school, get good at football?
Maybe it is the coach.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like this Coastal Carolina team.

They have an edge.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Okay...what? This is something every coach should do.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Okay...what? This is something every coach should do.
:lol

Why would they be upset? He's wearing a helmet and pads. It's a live play. Those are legal blocks.

Crybabies.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OU against Iowa State for the Big 12 Title.

Every Sooners’ fan’s nightmare.
I've got Oklahoma by 10.

I know Iowa State has improved as well since their first meeting, but this Oklahoma defense is a lot better than the defense that Iowa State saw back in September. They are performing at the level of a top 10 defense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've got Oklahoma by 10.

I know Iowa State has improved as well since their first meeting, but this Oklahoma defense is a lot better than the defense that Iowa State saw back in September. They are performing at the level of a top 10 defense.
Iowa State scares me. They are the best at the fundamentals that is currently playing at high levels. They have size, and execution as well as any college team, but they are not a flashy group. They just go out and take their places on the field and challenge everyone they play to a physical showdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom