2017 Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is such a weird QB class. It's like because no one is that good, suddenly every QB has a chance at going high. It's like everyone is just closing their eyes and throwing darts at QBs.

Davis Webb sort of meets the bare minimum NFL QB requirements just like a bunch of other guys in this draft who don't get me excited.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is such a weird QB class. It's like because no one is that good, suddenly every QB has a chance at going high. It's like everyone is just closing their eyes and throwing darts at QBs.

Davis Webb sort of meets the bare minimum NFL QB requirements just like a bunch of other guys in this draft who don't get me excited.
Webb is one of those guys that oozes talent. Scouts will love his size, arm, smarts and attitude. He is a guy that wows in practice and stuff like that. In games he gets a little squirrely. He ia a great guy though and grew up as a coach's son.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mahomes has a record 18 visits and private workouts so far. I know that Sean Payton, Arians and Lynn had a private workout with him.

Jiggyfly

Banned

That's the way I felt about last years QB draft and the jury is still out on that one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like this kid's style.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I like this kid's style.

:lol

I want this kid on my team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like this kid's style.

Yeah that is pretty funny

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a feeling this is a draft where a bunch of QBs are mentioned as being first round possibilities and then the vast majority of them proceed to fall on draft day into rounds 2 and 3.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a feeling this is a draft where a bunch of QBs are mentioned as being first round possibilities and then the vast majority of them proceed to fall on draft day into rounds 2 and 3.
Yeah I can see either happening though. That extra year is what entices though, especially if they have an older guy like Palmer, Brees, Roethlisberger or Manning.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I can see either happening though. That extra year is what entices though, especially if they have an older guy like Palmer, Brees, Roethlisberger or Manning.
Yeah and especially with a QB. Because if you hit on a guy the difference between that rookie contract number and the 20 mil a year starting QBs get is huge. If you draft a guy at 34 who you think is going to be your franchise QB, you're so much better off getting the same guy at 28.

But I also think guys like Watson, Trubisky and Kizer could easily be available in the second round even though they could also go in the top 10. Just one of those years where no one can seem to separate them because there is a ton of mediocre QB talent.

midswat

... soon
Ben McAdoo attending Patrick Mahomes Pro Day

New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo is on the scene in Lubbock, Texas, on Friday for Texas Tech's pro day, James Kratch of the Newark Star-Ledger reports. This according to NFL Network's Andrew Groover. Also in attendance: Quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who is not only one of the top signal callers in April's NFL Draft, but a player many feel could have the highest ceiling of the quarterbacks in this draft class.

The pro day trip comes after McAdoo met with Mahomes privately on Thursday, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

If it wasn't already clear, there is no doubt the Giants are strongly considering drafting a quarterback this year to groom as Eli Manning's eventual replacement, and it looks like they would be willing to spend a high draft pick in order to do so.

General manager Jerry Reese was at North Carolina pro day to see Mitchell Trubisky. Draft boss Marc Ross saw Nathan Peterman at Pittsburgh's pro day. Offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan checked out DeShone Kizer at Notre Dame's pro day. And now, McAdoo is at Texas Tech to see Mahomes.

-------

I've read some things suggesting they might actually go QB round one.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Call me a bit suspicious.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it's not like only LSU coaches are timing him.

But that is a huge drop.
No but it is hand timed. Its sort of like the unofficial times when you watch the combine. Just seems crazy to me he can go from a 4.56 to a sub 4.4. Regardless he is a top 10 pick.

Top Bottom