2017 Draft Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did they mention how cool he was for having the nickname Taco?

Cotton

Staff member
Did they mention how cool he was for having the nickname Taco?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
See?

It's a thing.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but its obvious that's some of the attraction for SOME people.

Cotton

Staff member
See?

It's a thing.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but its obvious that's some of the attraction for SOME people.
Oh, come on. It's a joke.

Cotton

Staff member

He may drop into the second with those times.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life

He may drop into the second with those times.
I'd like to say I'd take him there, but its much easier to be a slow WR than a slow CB.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He didn't run much faster at the Combine. His second time there was a 4.68.
Yeah but almost never do you see slower pro times. Otherwise why bother running again?

Plus when I hear high 4.7's I think 4.78 or so. But I'm guessing that wouldn't be accurate.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah but almost never do you see slower pro times. Otherwise why bother running again?

Plus when I hear high 4.7's I think 4.78 or so. But I'm guessing that wouldn't be accurate.
That was a little bit of hyperbole on Miller's part. I have seen hand times of 4.70, so...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to say I'd take him there, but its much easier to be a slow WR than a slow CB.
You have to start thinking zone corner with him. He was a play maker in college but he already had problems with deep stuff. In a cover 2 scheme he'd probably be fine but I wouldn't use him in man much if at all.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Report: Patriots 'will not even consider' drafting Joe Mixon

Report: Patriots 'will not even consider' drafting Joe Mixon

t would not be surprising to see the New England Patriots select a running back in the 2017 NFL Draft. But it will not be Joe Mixon.

The Patriots have taken the former Oklahoma star off their draft board because of his 2014 arrest for assault, a source told Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. ESPN later confirmed the report.

Howe reported the Patriots “absolutely will not even consider drafting” Mixon, who was suspended for the 2014 season after punching a woman in the face during an altercation at a restaurant near the Oklahoma campus. Video of the incident became public this past December, and Mixon subsequently was barred from attending the NFL Scouting Combine.

In an interview with the Herald, Patriots owner Robert Kraft explained the team’s zero-tolerance policy for players with histories of violence against women.

“While I believe in second chances and giving players an opportunity for redemption, I also believe that playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right,” said Kraft, who declined to discuss Mixon specifically. “For me, personally, I believe that privilege is lost for men who have a history of abusing women.”

Mixon rushed for 1,274 yards and averaged 6.8 yards per carry in 2016, ranking second in the Big 12 in both categories. He also rushed for 10 touchdowns and caught 37 passes for 538 yards and five scores.

While the Patriots do not have a pressing need at the running back position, Dion Lewis, James White and newcomer Rex Burkhead all are entering the final year of their contracts.

Jiggyfly

Banned
t would not be surprising to see the New England Patriots select a running back in the 2017 NFL Draft. But it will not be Joe Mixon.

The Patriots have taken the former Oklahoma star off their draft board because of his 2014 arrest for assault, a source told Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. ESPN later confirmed the report.

Howe reported the Patriots “absolutely will not even consider drafting” Mixon, who was suspended for the 2014 season after punching a woman in the face during an altercation at a restaurant near the Oklahoma campus. Video of the incident became public this past December, and Mixon subsequently was barred from attending the NFL Scouting Combine.

In an interview with the Herald, Patriots owner Robert Kraft explained the team’s zero-tolerance policy for players with histories of violence against women.

“While I believe in second chances and giving players an opportunity for redemption, I also believe that playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right,” said Kraft, who declined to discuss Mixon specifically. “For me, personally, I believe that privilege is lost for men who have a history of abusing women.”

Mixon rushed for 1,274 yards and averaged 6.8 yards per carry in 2016, ranking second in the Big 12 in both categories. He also rushed for 10 touchdowns and caught 37 passes for 538 yards and five scores.

While the Patriots do not have a pressing need at the running back position, Dion Lewis, James White and newcomer Rex Burkhead all are entering the final year of their contracts.
Yet they had no issue taking Floyd with the quickness.

Mixon was a college freshman, Floyd was a multiple time offender.

The selective moral outrage is hilarious.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yet they had no issue taking Floyd with the quickness.

Mixon was a college freshman, Floyd was a multiple time offender.

The selective moral outrage is hilarious.
LeGarrette Blount jacked a dude in the face on a football field. And it wasn't during a play, it was after the game. Not to mention the drug stuff. I'll seriously never forget this:

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom