2017 Draft Chatter Thread...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Any thoughts on Marcus Williams?

Sounds like a true deep safety, will he be around for that pick in the 2nd?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Another injury to a potential first round corner.

Sidney Jones had "successful surgery" today and claims the Dr. told him he would definitely play this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Any thoughts on Marcus Williams?

Sounds like a true deep safety, will he be around for that pick in the 2nd?
Should be. Probably has the best range of any of the free safeties that aren't considered first rounders. Not much of a tackler or box force though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Should be. Probably has the best range of any of the free safeties that aren't considered first rounders. Not much of a tackler or box force though.
Yeah that's what I read but he sounds like an upgrade from Wilcox, who played a lot of deep 1 for us last year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Initial reports were that he tore his pec, but now it's being reported as he just tweaked it. If so, very lucky for him. Torn pectoral would almost certainly mean he'd miss the year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
First of the walking wounded. Do not want at 28.
It all depends on the prognosis, I know it was 4-6 months which would have him back sometime between mid-July to mid-September, but Maliek Collins missed basically the entire offseason/training camp/preseason and still had 5 sacks and looks like the future for us at DT.

On the field I love McKinley, he's a bit raw as far as technique and hand usage but he has great speed, can bend the edge and has an unbelievable motor, he is also pretty good against the run given his size. If totally healthy he would be one of my top choices at 28, the injury sucks for sure but if it looks like he'll be back at some point during training camp I'd be very happy with the pick.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hopefully he's taken before 28 and we can get a healthy pass rusher.

Enough of these injured bargains.

Please find someone who's ready to be a part of the team at the start of training camp.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Tak McKinley is the first of the 30 official visits.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I see Kiper 3.0 mock has us taking Jabril Peppers at 28. meh
I was against Peppers at 28 when I thought that Church was almost definitely coming back. Now that he's gone, I think Peppers is an excellent fit for the role that Church used to play, so I'd be fine with him at 28.

He's always been an excellent athlete, I just had no clue exactly how he'd fit because in many ways he's basically a souped up version of Church, but with him now gone I think Peppers would come in with a clear, definable role.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
:lol

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I was against Peppers at 28 when I thought that Church was almost definitely coming back. Now that he's gone, I think Peppers is an excellent fit for the role that Church used to play, so I'd be fine with him at 28.

He's always been an excellent athlete, I just had no clue exactly how he'd fit because in many ways he's basically a souped up version of Church, but with him now gone I think Peppers would come in with a clear, definable role.
It would come down to who is still on the board. I wouldn't take him over one of the DE's or CB's we're targeting, but if they are all gone then maybe.

According to this mock though, Taco goes 31st and Marlon Humphrey 32. I definitely wouldn't pass on Charlton for Peppers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It all depends on the prognosis, I know it was 4-6 months which would have him back sometime between mid-July to mid-September, but Maliek Collins missed basically the entire offseason/training camp/preseason and still had 5 sacks and looks like the future for us at DT.

On the field I love McKinley, he's a bit raw as far as technique and hand usage but he has great speed, can bend the edge and has an unbelievable motor, he is also pretty good against the run given his size. If totally healthy he would be one of my top choices at 28, the injury sucks for sure but if it looks like he'll be back at some point during training camp I'd be very happy with the pick.
Collins had a foot injury though. This is more like Shaq Lawson who missed a lot of time and even when he did play wasn't effective. And McKinley isn't close in terms of talent IMO.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom