Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

And he was a shit HC that duped Eagles fans into thinking he was good because he talked a good game and eagles fans are fucking stupid.
You want to talk about frauds. He was it.
 
A little shit placekicker as well. He took the time to put a bounty on the runt of the Zendejas litter.
I wonder what the backstory was. I know he was a shitty kicker for the Eagles, but is that enough to want to hurt him?
 
I wonder what the backstory was. I know he was a shitty kicker for the Eagles, but is that enough to want to hurt him?
That was how Ryan denied it by saying he was basically so shitty that why would they want him injured.
 
Ryan obviously grew up before my time, but people were just meaner back then. People were meaner when I was a kid than today, and it was even worse in my dad's time. I don't think it would be unusual to try to hurt someone just for the hell of it, just because they could. Especially someone from a little hardscrabble town in western Oklahoma like Ryan.
 
Ryan obviously grew up before my time, but people were just meaner back then. People were meaner when I was a kid than today, and it was even worse in my dad's time. I don't think it would be unusual to try to hurt someone just for the hell of it, just because they could. Especially someone from a little hardscrabble town in western Oklahoma like Ryan.

This is entirely true.
 
I hated Buddy Ryan with a passion.

That guy was such a hick but he could coach defensive football.

The Bounty Bowl had two games, then the Pork Chop Bowl.
 
I hated Buddy Ryan with a passion.

That guy was such a hick but he could coach defensive football.

The Bounty Bowl had two games, then the Pork Chop Bowl.

Yeah, he was a bad HC but man he could coach defense

He was basically the defensive Norv Turner.

There wasn't an offense Norv couldn't fix or a QB he couldn't make better.
 
White was carrying a personal chip for years since the 1982 NFCC and 1983 "No Danny!" games... especially felt he had something to prove against Washington.

That and a bunch of frustrations as the team was in steady decline since winning the division in 1985 just came to a head.

We lost both 1987 games, and even worse one of them was a scab game with Dallas fielding several key starters.

White knew his career was basically on its last legs, and of course Washington was heading for the playoffs (and eventually the Superbowl).

As a fan, I certainly felt those same frustrations watching that game live.
 
Back
Top Bottom