Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Emmitt breaking the record was memorable. But it came on such an unremarkable run.

IIRC, he stumbled through the middle on a 3-5 yard gain for the record. I don't even remember the opponent or if we won the game.
Looked it up and it was actually an 11 yard run vs Seattle. Cowboys lost the game 17-14.
 
Emmitt breaking the record was memorable. But it came on such an unremarkable run.

IIRC, he stumbled through the middle on a 3-5 yard gain for the record. I don't even remember the opponent or if we won the game.
He stumbled at around 5 yards, but kept his feet for a 11-12 yard gain on the record breaker, if I remember correctly.
 
Emmitt breaking the record was memorable. But it came on such an unremarkable run.

IIRC, he stumbled through the middle on a 3-5 yard gain for the record. I don't even remember the opponent or if we won the game.

Well, the whole drive was pretty good, Emmitt put the exclamation mark on that drive with a TD run.

Although, the moment right after the record-breaking run was a bit awkward — are we stopping play to celebrate? Or we running a play?
 
I know it's a thing to poke fun at overrated moments and the dire years under Campo, but this was a pretty remarkable piece of athleticism.
Or a lack of athleticism on the other side.
 
He stumbled at around 5 yards, but kept his feet for a 11-12 yard gain on the record breaker, if I remember correctly.
Seeing the bum OL and FB celebrating with him was kind of sad at the time.
 
 

... and we lose 22-6 I believe and Emmitt gets hurt performing a fake TD dive.

Aikman looked incredibly frustrated at the preparation of his team.

Of course Aikman throws a perfect pass in stride to Herschel Walker in the first half for 20+ yards... and they never even try it again.

And so began the fucking mismanaged circus of a freakshow, starting with the offense.

Jerry Jones signed Walker only to keep him away from the fucking 49ers... then he basically stashed him and never used him. Dude averaged 8.3 yards per carry and they refused to run him because they paid Emmitt huge money and drafted pathetic-assed Sherman Williams in the 2nd round. They finally let him return kicks and he averaged almost 30 yards a return.
 
... and we lose 22-6 I believe and Emmitt gets hurt performing a fake TD dive.

Aikman looked incredibly frustrated at the preparation of his team.

Of course Aikman throws a perfect pass in stride to Herschel Walker in the first half for 20+ yards... and they never even try it again.

And so began the fucking mismanaged circus of a freakshow, starting with the offense.

Jerry Jones signed Walker only to keep him away from the fucking 49ers... then he basically stashed him and never used him. Dude averaged 8.3 yards per carry and they refused to run him because they paid Emmitt huge money and drafted pathetic-assed Sherman Williams in the 2nd round. They finally let him return kicks and he averaged almost 30 yards a return.
Are you petitioning to be become the board team historian?
 
He stumbled at around 5 yards, but kept his feet for a 11-12 yard gain on the record breaker, if I remember correctly.
You know what sucks about the post Jimmy era is that I knew that we would lose that game to spoil the mood. It seems like every historical game from the team perspective was accompanied by laying an egg in the related game.

See also: Triplets RoH induction, last game at Texas Stadium, and first game at the Death Star.
 
damn you Aaron Glenn
I don't remember what forum I was on in those days, but it's long gone from cyberspace. We all saw the script playing out as soon as it was late with a 13-0 lead. We all just knew.

Edit to add that it might have been that old shit board that Fish bought out towards the end of its life.
 
You know what sucks about the post Jimmy era is that I knew that we would lose that game to spoil the mood. It seems like every historical game from the team perspective was accompanied by laying an egg in the related game.

See also: Triplets RoH induction, last game at Texas Stadium, and first game at the Death Star.
I miss Texas Stadium, it was a shithole but damn it could get loud af and people actually knew when to be quiet back then. Also pissing in an ice filled trough was pretty cool when I was a kid
 
I too have pissed there in my youth, lol.
CSB time. Think I've told this one here before but anyways my Grandfather had season tickets there long as I can remember and had great parking, we were leaving one time and Dorsett's Caddy(license plate was Dorsett) had double parked behind us so I'm excited af waiting with my game program to get an autograph. Out walks this mexican dude with a bunch of kids turned out to be Septien had borrowed the car and he said sorry you want my autograph and I told him no you're just a kicker and my dad popped me on the back of my head :lol
 
Last edited:
CSB time. Think I've told this one here before but anyways my Grandfather had season tickets there long as I can remember and had great parking, we were leaving one time and Dorsett's Caddy(license plate was Dorsett) had double parked behind us so I'm excited af waiting with my game program to get an autograph. Out walks this mexican dude with a bunch of kids turned out to be Septien had borrowed the car and he said sorry you want my autograph and I told him no you're just a kicker and my dad popped me on the back of my head :lol

Your lucky he didnt offer you something else.
 
I don't remember what forum I was on in those days, but it's long gone from cyberspace. We all saw the script playing out as soon as it was late with a 13-0 lead. We all just knew.

Edit to add that it might have been that old shit board that Fish bought out towards the end of its life.
The Ranch board?
 
Out walks this mexican dude with a bunch of kids turned out to be Septien had borrowed the car and he said sorry you want my autograph and I told him no you're just a kicker and my dad popped me on the back of my head :lol
:lol
 
Back
Top Bottom