Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cardinals vs. Cowboys| 11/02/2014

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This might be unpopular, but I stick with Weeden.
I understand the approach of Weeden having the 1st team snaps in practice, but he was Brad Johnson bad. I start the rookie and get him some experience at very least. Oh, but that factors in running the damn ball like we did in that 6 game stretch.

data

Forbes #1
I understand the approach of Weeden having the 1st team snaps in practice, but he was Brad Johnson bad. I start the rookie and get him some experience at very least. Oh, but that factors in running the damn ball like we did in that 6 game stretch.
I figure that our rushing game will be more productive (our Oline got little push vs AZ) and our caoching staff will have figured out which passing plays Weeden is more comfortable with

data

Forbes #1
what the hell was that? and it turned into a 1st down!

Cotton

Staff member
I figure that our rushing game will be more productive (our Oline got little push vs AZ) and our caoching staff will have figured out which passing plays Weeden is more comfortable with
You mean screens and RB bailouts? That's about all Weeden can throw and actually get it in the vicinity of the receiver.

data

Forbes #1
sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. that was an INT and Cromartie just lets Hilton have it

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Would it be too much to ask for Weeden to get Romo crushed by about 5 D linemen on the first snap of the game if he has to play again?

data

Forbes #1
You mean screens and RB bailouts? That's about all Weeden can throw and actually get it in the vicinity of the receiver.
As I mentioned earlier, I think Escobar needs to be involved

data

Forbes #1
But, yeah, Weeden-to-Terrance Williams was horrible. On multipe plays, Weeden would throw to the outside and Williams would break to the inside.

not even on the same page.

Cotton

Staff member
But, yeah, Weeden-to-Terrance Williams was horrible. On multipe plays, Weeden would throw to the outside and Williams would break to the inside.

not even on the same page.
That doesn't even get close to encapsulating Weeden's day. He was way off all damn day long.

data

Forbes #1
That doesn't even get close to encapsulating Weeden's day. He was way off all damn day long.
oh, yeah, not at all. there were multipe throws where i thought Weeden had separate his shoulder on because they were horrid. If he punted the pass, they might've had a better chance.

data

Forbes #1
random: why do we call them 'football players' or baseball players', but it's 'golfer' and not 'golf player'

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Maybe that's the way you are interpreting it because of your paranoia that Garrett might escape blame for anything bad that happens, but my original post on this subject was this one:

http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/showthread.php?3848-Week-9-Gameday-Chatter-Cardinals-vs-Cowboys-11-02-2014&p=149878&viewfull=1#post149878

And my point in that post, to re-iterate it, was that we need to be less concerned right now with "how many runs we are attempting" and more concerned with getting the passing game back on track. Too many people think "Oh, just hand it to Murray 25 times = win."

No, I don't think so. The running game is getting less and less effective... because teams are focusing on it. For the offense to continue to be high level, we're gonna have to make teams pay through the air.

That doesn't mean going back to throwing 45 times and running 15, but it means we're gonna have to beat teams through the air more than we've been doing the past 2 weeks. That might require a few more passing attempts than running attempts along the lines, to get teams to realize we're not simply going to run it ignorantly into 9 man fronts over and over.

No, Geng said it was "wrong" (http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/showthread.php?3848-Week-9-Gameday-Chatter-Cardinals-vs-Cowboys-11-02-2014&p=149930&viewfull=1#post149930) to say the problems in the passing game are the biggest issues. So we are debating that.

It's not a non-sequitur at all, it's a direct response.
It's not just Garrett. I was impressed with Linehan when things were rolling, but if he shows he can't overcome adversity and will abandon the run, I'll have to chalk up the early season to "small sample".

data

Forbes #1
damn. giants fooled. reminds me of how open ellington was in the end zone yesterday.

i can't remember the last time we actually fooled a defense and had a guy wide open.

Cotton

Staff member
random: why do we call them 'football players' or baseball players', but it's 'golfer' and not 'golf player'
European.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Golf can be a verb and the others can't.

Top Bottom