Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cardinals vs. Cowboys| 11/02/2014

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't think Linehan has abandoned the run.

We were at 50% run vs. pass against Arizona all the way until we went down 21-10 with 5 min left in the game... You're gonna have to go pass heavy at that point.

I wouldnt call 50-50 "abandoning the run," even if you are playing a backup QB.

In fact it proves my point.... The difference in the game was how fricking bad Weeden was.

That's why Geng is "wrong" to quote his language. Effective passing game mixed with 50% runs will get you wins. Ineffective passing game mixed with 50% runs will get you 21-10 deficits.

Therefore the problem is the passing attack. Unless you think going to the vaunted 75% run play selection offense is a winning plan against the #1 rush defense who takes the added step of putting 9 in the box. :lol
He abandoned the run in Washington, regardless of Arizona. Not leaning on Murray when he was getting big runs in the 4th was stupid. He hasn't proven he's abandoned it by the Arizona game, but he sure didn't prove he's reaffirmed his commitment either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He abandoned the run in Washington, regardless of Arizona. Not leaning on Murray when he was getting big runs in the 4th was stupid. He hasn't proven he's abandoned it by the Arizona game, but he sure didn't prove he's reaffirmed his commitment either.
Well, we can debate whether he did or not, but I'd still maintain the biggest problem the last two weeks is the passing game's ineffectiveness.

It certainly was last week. Washington is a little more debateable because of the situational playcalls like in overtime, where we probably should have ran it more.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There is no probably about it but I guess you had to get it in there.

Top Bottom