Week 7 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys @ 49ers | 10-22-2017

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think there is still legitimate debate as to, if you could trade Elliott and Prescott for Wentz and say, Jordan Howard, who was taken after Prescott in the 5th round, would you do that?

I like Prescott. But Wentz is really damn good.

Not saying I definitely would make that trade. But I think there is more of a likelihood that Wentz ends up as a superstar QB than Prescott, who will likely never put up the raw numbers. I don't think Prescott has quite the ability to sling it around like Wentz does. He has other skills, and he has intangibles.

But Wentz looks fucking awesome.

God damn Browns. Why couldn't you just sit tight at 2 and make the pick like you were fucking supposed to?

Cotton

Staff member
I think there is still legitimate debate as to, if you could trade Elliott and Prescott for Wentz and say, Jordan Howard, who was taken after Prescott in the 5th round, would you do that?

Not saying I definitely would make that trade. But I think there is more of a likelihood that Wentz ends up as a superstar QB than Prescott, who will likely never put up the raw numbers. I don't think Prescott has quite the ability to sling it around like Wentz does. He has other skills, and he has intangibles.

God damn Browns. Why couldn't you just sit tight at 2 and make the pick like you were fucking supposed to?
No way do I even consider that trade.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Why the hell does Heath go to his knees? Just horrible tackling form.

Looking at it again, I guess he slipped or fell. Still.

Cotton

Staff member
Why the hell does Heath go to his knees? Just horrible tackling form.

Looking at it again, I guess he slipped or fell. Still.
He had him dead to rights. Just terrible footwork.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think Heath just thought he was going outside and was too clumsy to stop him breaking back inside.

But Stephen will tell us to remember that Green Bay playoff game!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Elliot and Prescot? 2 game changers there and you are going to give that up for a guy that passes the ball better (but by how much??) and Jordan Howard????

1bigfan had it correct. Stay off the weed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Are you out of your mind?

Do I think Wentz is the better natural passer and could end up being the better QB overall? Sure.

But would I give up a pro bowl QB AND a generational talent at RB just for the upgrade? Hell no.

That's like asking would I trade Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith for Peyton Manning and Joseph Addai.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think Schmitty's trade scenario is nearly as silly as people are trying to make it out to be. I would trade Prescott for Wentz straight up right now. And if Elliott continues down the retard path he's been on...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I wouldn't watch the Super Bowl. Disneyland, camping or something. :budd is right with this matchup.

I'd still heavily root for Patriots to beat the Steelers and Eagles.
As much as I don't care for the Patriots I'm really hoping they get their ship righted. Probably the only competition against the Steelers and maybe against Eagles too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Are you out of your mind?

Do I think Wentz is the better natural passer and could end up being the better QB overall? Sure.

But would I give up a pro bowl QB AND a generational talent at RB just for the upgrade? Hell no.

That's like asking would I trade Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith for Peyton Manning and Joseph Addai.
What if it was like trading Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith for Tom Brady and Joseph Addai?

QB is the most important position. I think there is something to consider.

Prescott is putting up good TD-to-INT numbers but it does seem like he can't really air it out and be the main focus of an offense, YET. Who knows if he will get there?

Wentz is basically there already.

Also don't forget that just because you trade for Joseph Addai doesn't mean you have to keep him. There are running backs in every draft class who would thrive behind this OL.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll also put it this way. If you called the Eagles and offered Prescott and Elliott for Wentz, they'd say no.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll also put it this way. If you called the Eagles and offered Prescott and Elliott for Wentz, they'd say no.
If the Eagles called the Cowboys and offered Wentz for Zeke and Dak I guarantee the Cowboys say no. Not only that but they'd probably cuss them out for it.

Top Bottom