Week 7 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys @ 49ers | 10-22-2017

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep, division is lost. WC is about all we can hope for at this point.
I wouldn't worry about that too much.

I don't think we're even making the playoffs with this defense, so to me it's no big deal.

But for the sake of discussion, let's say the Cowboys finish the season 8-3, which is what they would have to do going into the 49ers game this past weekend. If this Cowboys team can win 8 of their last 11 games with the schedule they have in front of them and make the playoffs, then we're going to pose a threat to anyone in the league come playoff time and where we play won't really matter.

But with this defense, the coaching, and the random brainfarts we're susceptible to, I can't see this year's team going on a run like that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd also add that a part of me actually wants to see the Cowboys get in that way.

Maybe it's all the damn disappointing ends to the season and all the one and done's, but I kinda want to see what we do in the playoffs if we go in as an underdog road team as opposed to the division-winning, high-expectations team that everyone eventually laughs at because they all assumed we were just going to choke anyway.....and we usually oblige.

So maybe going in with people not really taking us seriously thus resulting in the team not dealing with much pressure is exactly what we need to make a run in the playoffs?

I guess we'll see.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
With no one powerful in front of them in the NFC, they could be a Super Bowl team. We may have to be the team that stops them.
What if Dallas hangs losses on them? Football games are sometimes just fickle fated and the seemingly obvious becomes someone’s nightmare.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we can win 2 of the next 3 and beat the Eagles in Dallas we're going to put some real pressure on them.

They'd be 8-2, assuming they beat the 49ers and Broncos, and we'd be 6-4.

Their last 5, outside of the game against us, is @Seahawks, @Rams, @Giants, Raiders, Bears, our last 5 is @Giants, @Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, Seahawks.

Alot of overlap there but if we can manage to get to 6-4 with them at 8-2 I could easily see the last game of the year being for the division based on the tiebreaker.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd also add that a part of me actually wants to see the Cowboys get in that way.

Maybe it's all the damn disappointing ends to the season and all the one and done's, but I kinda want to see what we do in the playoffs if we go in as an underdog road team as opposed to the division-winning, high-expectations team that everyone eventually laughs at because they all assumed we were just going to choke anyway.....and we usually oblige.

So maybe going in with people not really taking us seriously thus resulting in the team not dealing with much pressure is exactly what we need to make a run in the playoffs?

I guess we'll see.
If we have Lee and Elliott, along with no other significant injuries to top 10 players I'd take us against any team in the NFC, especially now that Peters is out for the Eagles.

People forget they were like 4-2 last year when Lane Johnson got hurt and collapsed, I don't think they'll collapse this year because the schedule is much easier but I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish the year with 10 wins.

midswat

... soon
vs SF
vs Den
at DAL
vs Chi
at SEA
at LAR
at NYG
vs Oak
vs DAL
---------
Aside from the two Cowboys games, maybe Eagles lose two of these games (Sea, Oak). Makes them 11-5 at worst and 4-0 in the division.
The NFL is flukey. You can’t predict what’ll happen week to week this year.

Hell they could collapse in the second half of the season for all we know.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think the only thing that could derail the Eagles down the stretch is injuries. Aside from that I think they'll have home field in the playoffs since there's no other dominant team in the conference. Packers are done without Rodgers, Atlanta has slipped this year, Panthers and Seattle are decent but not nearly as good as their SB years, Rams are up and coming but not there yet and Vikings are just OK.

I know anything can happen in the playoffs but right now it looks like it very possibly could be a Philly-NE or worse, Philly-Pittsburgh SB. :budd

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
As for us, we have no defense and I think Zeke will eventually serve his 6 game suspension. Throw in the coaching and tough schedule and we'll be lucky to finish 9-7.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think the only thing that could derail the Eagles down the stretch is injuries. Aside from that I think they'll have home field in the playoffs since there's no other dominant team in the conference. Packers are done without Rodgers, Atlanta has slipped this year, Panthers and Seattle are decent but not nearly as good as their SB years, Rams are up and coming but not there yet and Vikings are just OK.

I know anything can happen in the playoffs but right now it looks like it very possibly could be a Philly-NE or worse, Philly-Pittsburgh SB. :budd
Well they just lost their LT and perhaps their best LB for the season so they're off to a good start on the injury front.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Why? So we could beat two injury riddled teams to give us false hope that we have arrived in the playoffs only to see a repeat of previous years because of coaching and lack of defense? No thanks, that would also ensure that Garrett's job is safe. I would rather them play and if they don't make the playoffs the Garrett's ass would be on the line. Or at least it should be...
Fair point.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
With no one powerful in front of them in the NFC, they could be a Super Bowl team. We may have to be the team that stops them.
:lol

A Jason Garrett coached team stopping a team from making a Super Bowl run......really??? :rofl

Schmitty, I implore you to take Stephen A. Smith's advice. Stay off the weeeeeeeed.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm hoping that Wentz continues to refuse to slide. Yeah he's a big boy but so are Cam Newton and Andrew Luck. Eventually those hits add up and he won't be able to pop right back up.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol

A Jason Garrett coached team stopping a team from making a Super Bowl run......really??? :rofl

Schmitty, I implore you to take Stephen A. Smith's advice. Stay off the weeeeeeeed.
If you think this team, even coached by Garrett, can't beat the Eagles twice, you are insane.

Will they? Dunno. Probably not.

But definitely could.

vince

Not So New Member
I'm hoping that Wentz continues to refuse to slide. Yeah he's a big boy but so are Cam Newton and Andrew Luck. Eventually those hits add up and he won't be able to pop right back it.
I'm surprised to see him stand right back up after taking some of the hits he takes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm hoping that Wentz continues to refuse to slide. Yeah he's a big boy but so are Cam Newton and Andrew Luck. Eventually those hits add up and he won't be able to pop right back it.
Yea, I had the same thought last night. He doesn't really avoid contact and does everything he can to bounce off guys. That's all well and good now but it takes a toll over time.

The other thing is that he's running significantly more than he did last year. He only ran 46 times all of last season whereas he's already up to 40 this season. He's on pace to run damn near 100 times this season, which is a huge number for a QB.

Top Bottom