Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Seahawks | 10/12/2014

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Please, Cowboys, don't break my heart yet again.
They will. I don't think they're ready for prime time just yet. We may make it into the playoffs, and even win a game. But inevitably, will fall short. I think the best thing is to not get too far ahead of ourselves. (Not us as fans, I'm talking the team mentality here) We're moving in the right direction. Hopefully, we have a good defensive minded draft/free agency. Romo doesn't have a whole lot of time left, but I think he can play at a high level for a couple more years, health willing. The NFL isn't like it was years ago. A good offseason or two, and a team can make a run to the top. I don't see why we can't if we add a couple more pieces to the defense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Count me as a big nay-sayer on McClain...but holy shit has that guy turned it around, both himself and defensively.

I was completely wrong about the guy for sure.

I think he is a better all around MLB than Lee.
Same. I had very little hope for him to do anything, but I can honestly say that he is the heart of this defense right now. We would not be the same team without him.
Not me. I said he was a good pickup up from the start. Very low risk, with the possibility of hitting one out of the park.

~Furley sniff~

~points at crotch~

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They will. I don't think they're ready for prime time just yet. We may make it into the playoffs, and even win a game. But inevitably, will fall short. I think the best thing is to not get too far ahead of ourselves. (Not us as fans, I'm talking the team mentality here) We're moving in the right direction. Hopefully, we have a good defensive minded draft/free agency. Romo doesn't have a whole lot of time left, but I think he can play at a high level for a couple more years, health willing. The NFL isn't like it was years ago. A good offseason or two, and a team can make a run to the top. I don't see why we can't if we add a couple more pieces to the defense.
You may be right, but I am as high on this team as I've been in almost 20 years. It's a damn good feeling.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The end of this vid shows that Garrett definitely has the team's respect and attention.

Like I said yesterday, the guy has the right ideas and gets what it takes for a team to win, but it's hard to implement that when you're too focused on other tasks like he was with the offense.

He just might turn out to be a decent HC if he keeps his focus on that and only that.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Postgame-Locker-Room-Celebration--Garrett-Speech-/3bdaed7f-7401-42ab-9adb-8d7d2e7d077f

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You may be right, but I am as high on this team as I've been in almost 20 years. It's a damn good feeling.
Absolutely. We have something right now that we haven't had in a long time. The possibility of something better. What little success we've had over the last I don't even know how long, was pretty empty. Smoke and mirrors.

We might not go very far this year. But it feels like we have something solid to build on. And frankly, imo we have the Oline to thank for it. Even for all the pretty and shiny offensive toys we've had over the years to include right now, we've never had the Oline to sustain it. We do now. And it completely baffles me that we have an owner and coach that had front row seats to an Oline that drove us to super bowl wins in the past. And just recently figured out that we should work to having that again.

Cotton

Staff member
The end of this vid shows that Garrett definitely has the team's respect and attention.

Like I said yesterday, the guy has the right ideas and gets what it takes for a team to win, but it's hard to implement that when you're too focused on other tasks like he was with the offense.

He just might turn out to be a decent HC if he keeps his focus on that and only that.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Postgame-Locker-Room-Celebration--Garrett-Speech-/3bdaed7f-7401-42ab-9adb-8d7d2e7d077f
Oh. my. fucking. god.

Cotton

Staff member
Absolutely. We have something right now that we haven't had in a long time. The possibility of something better. What little success we've had over the last I don't even know how long, was pretty empty. Smoke and mirrors.

We might not go very far this year. But it feels like we have something solid to build on. And frankly, imo we have the Oline to thank for it. Even for all the pretty and shiny offensive toys we've had over the years to include right now, we've never had the Oline to sustain it. We do now. And it completely baffles me that we have an owner and coach that had front row seats to an Oline that drove us to super bowl wins in the past. And just recently figured out that we should work to having that again.
Oh, I think there is no doubt that the OL is a huge part of the reason for our success. They were destroying the Seahawks front 7 yesterday. Not just on a couple of plays. On almost every play. Utter domination.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am not homering because I know this team has holes and somebody is going to exspose them.

With that said I have not been this excited about a team since 2009, because I can see a mindset and foundation being built.This offense will be good for awhile and the defence has some nice young pieces to have great depth moving forward.

I can see this team reaching true contender status with just a good solid off season all they need is a true difference maker on the DL.

I am worried about all of these players being free agents at the end of the year, with a successful year the price could be inflated for Murray, Carter, Free and McClain.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Looks like someone has been in VBulletin and switched Schmittys user name over to Texas Ace.

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Oh by the way, money bailey with a 56 yard XP.

I was in shock and couldn't even scream. My brain couldn't process what just happened...and it looked so routine for Bailey.

didnt look or feel like a 56 yarder.

Fyi - has anyone confirmed if it's a franchise record?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
"This win is a coaching win. It's a Jason Garrett win," Jones said. "This called on everything you could ever ask a coach to come together with a team. He answered the bell today."
What's ironic is the main reasons we're winning are due to playcalling/offense being taken away from Garrett and given to Linehan. Not to mention finally addressing the OL the last few years and Marinelli as DC. Not one of these things has to do with Garrett.

Cotton

Staff member

I was in shock and couldn't even scream. My brain couldn't process what just happened...and it looked so routine for Bailey.

Yes, it is a record.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

It ties a record with Billy Cundiff.

Cotton

Staff member
Just read that teams were 0-55 in 3rd and 20+ before yesterday. We made it 1-56. :towel

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
he hit Tony within two steps and not with the crown of his helmet

That's a late hit, or roughing the passer 99% of the time in todays NFL.

Top Bottom