Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Seahawks | 10/12/2014

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Have to give mad props to Scandrick he was blowing up that bubble screen all day, which kept them in long yardage situations.

I also have to say I never got the Bevell love he has always seemed to gimmicky and some of that shit yesterday would make Garrett say that's too cute.:lol
They snuffed out every damn misdirection and trick play the Seahawks threw at them, and as a result, completed negated Harvin as a threat.

The guy finished with minus 1 yards on the day.

data

Forbes #1
Even Brandon Carr deflected a pass.

odd that the Seahawks were trying to gimmick their way to victory.

superpunk

Banned
romo takes that unbelievable shot to the ribs, we get a punt blocked, so he has to go back out immediately and leads a drive

omg omg omg omg

data

Forbes #1
I'm happy for those of you that have gone Full Metal Homer, I wish this win was in December and I would've joined you.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think the temper tantrums and the fact that he was in the lineup over Moore and/or Scandrick was a distraction. He was not playing well enough to warrant starting over either of those guys.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The defense is getting better each week because they are learning to work together as a unit. Some are getting more familiar with the overall system. There is every reason to believe they will continue to be cohesive and possibly even better. What is there outside of injury that would make anyone think they will blow up?
McClain has been the key...I was concerned when they talked about him as a leader on defense, but I think it is more his play than what he is saying...every good D needs a nasty, bully type guy...and he has been that. Scandrick too.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Right, 3 turnovers on the road never nets a win. Never.
So are you saying they can turn the ball over and keep winning?

Cause that's not gonna happen. At some point, it will cost them dearly.

vince

Not So New Member
I think the temper tantrums and the fact that he was in the lineup over Moore and/or Scandrick was a distraction. He was not playing well enough to warrant starting over either of those guys.
Sterling Moore is def a better playmaker than Claiborne at this point. He had a sweet pass break up yesterday that killed the drive for the seahawks.

UncleMilti

Staff member
romo takes that unbelievable shot to the ribs, we get a punt blocked, so he has to go back out immediately and leads a drive

omg omg omg omg
Where was the flag on that play?

The Seahawks were taking cheap shots at Romo and getting away with it...blatently.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They snuffed out every damn misdirection and trick play the Seahawks threw at them, and as a result, completed negated Harvin as a threat.

That was a beautiful thing to watch. The defense was swarming almost immediately to any kind of misdirection they ran. It was almost confusing watching them, seeing how well they were coached and how well they executed in comparison to what we've seen for far too long. It might be scary what we could accomplish with some actual NFL talent to work with.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Oh wow.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm happy for those of you that have gone Full Metal Homer, I wish this win was in December and I would've joined you.
Man, I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed we all are that you haven't joined in.

Heartbreaking.

UncleMilti

Staff member
McClain has been the key...I was concerned when they talked about him as a leader on defense, but I think it is more his play than what he is saying...every good D needs a nasty, bully type guy...and he has been that. Scandrick too.
Count me as a big nay-sayer on McClain...but holy shit has that guy turned it around, both himself and defensively.

I was completely wrong about the guy for sure.

I think he is a better all around MLB than Lee.

Cotton

Staff member
That was a beautiful thing to watch. The defense was swarming almost immediately to any kind of misdirection they ran. It was almost confusing watching them, seeing how well they were coached and how well they executed in comparison to what we've seen for far too long. It might be scary what we could accomplish with some actual NFL talent to work with.
The swarming to the ball was almost orgasmic to watch. I remember many people, including myself, that commented on how well the Seahawks did that last year. To get to watch our own team do it against them was great. I will admit, I am sucked in and homering out like a mofo right now. Please, Cowboys, don't break my heart yet again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think I need to start looking for tickets to a game.

:unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Count me as a big nay-sayer on McClain...but holy shit has that guy turned it around, both himself and defensively.

I was completely wrong about the guy for sure.

I think he is a better all around MLB than Lee.
Same. I had very little hope for him to do anything, but I can honestly say that he is the heart of this defense right now. We would not be the same team without him.

Top Bottom