Week 4 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys vs Rams | 10-1-2017

GShock

DCC 4Life
And you just know that idiot dropped it because he was already planning to take it inside instead of trying to get out of bounds.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And you just know that idiot dropped it because he was already planning to take it inside instead of trying to get out of bounds.
Clearly...you can see he's turning inside.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Zeke got the first down on the very next play, right? So not even a factor in losing that game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yea, but you gotta let Romo go.

We didn't lose to the Packers because of Romo not being there.
I have. Notice I didn't say anything about this year or the future.

As for the Packers it would have taken perfect offensive execution to beat them without any real defense.

What at we got was three stalled drives to start and an interception interrupting our comeback.

The rookie excuses are over now.

We need a leader who will carry this team through this slump.

That's all on Dak now.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
We intentionally gave the job to a far inferior QB. I guess you're OK with that, but I'm not.
If all things were equal, which they aren't, then you might have a point.

But when the guy can't take a sack without getting carted off the field, it's not as easy as "giving the job to the inferior QB."

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
This is easy to say, but the reality is he could have played a three game stretch and probably more, which is what we really needed him for.

And then you have Dak anyways. It was a no-lose situation putting Romo in.

But we had a head coach who got caught up in the hype thinking he was Belichick.

We wasted perfect offensive execution from almost every position last year. Wasted it.

Because perfect is what the offense has to be to overcome this defense.
As if NFL QB's are just like a relief pitcher that you can swap in and out depending on the situation.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Prescott's shortcoming as a passer are coming to light this season due to the mismanagement of the staff, but he too has not been as sharp as we need him to be.

He has missed Dez so many times this season when he was open going inside. They don't seem to have much chemistry at all, but Dak is missing him on what should be routine pitch and catch situations.

Whenever Dez runs a route towards the middle of the field whether it be a slant, an 8-12 yard in route, or a post, Dak is almost always off the mark. The ball is either too high, too far inside, or behind him.

And then we have this dilemma of Dak and his receivers having 3 to 4 miscommunications a game.

WTF is going on there? I don't know who's to blame there, but it's ridiculous that we're 4 games in and Dak and his receivers are still having multiple instances of this occur each week.

What we're dealing with right now is that 2nd year QB Dak Prescott is playing like a 2nd year QB.

That's really all it is. More is expected of him because of how successful last season was, but A LOT of people in this organization played and coached over their heads last season. Dak is not getting the same production from his offensive line that he got last year.

I'm not worried in the least. He's made some bad throws, but he's also made some incredible ones. He's not getting a lot of help from his coaching staff or skill position players (outside of Zeke) at the moment.

When I look around the league, I don't see a lot of guys outside of the Brady/Rodgers/Brees class that are so vastly outplaying him. He's been fairly equal so far this year with the other QB's in his draft class (Wentz/Goff) and playing on par with, or better than, supposedly "elite" QB's like Carr, Cam, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Rivers, Ryan.

Most of whom have much more experience than Dak does.

data

Forbes #1
I just turned on the TV and Monday Night Countdown is experiencing technical difficulties...how long has this gone on?

kidd

DCC 4Life
Prescott's shortcoming as a passer are coming to light this season due to the mismanagement of the staff, but he too has not been as sharp as we need him to be.

He has missed Dez so many times this season when he was open going inside. They don't seem to have much chemistry at all, but Dak is missing him on what should be routine pitch and catch situations.

Whenever Dez runs a route towards the middle of the field whether it be a slant, an 8-12 yard in route, or a post, Dak is almost always off the mark. The ball is either too high, too far inside, or behind him.

And then we have this dilemma of Dak and his receivers having 3 to 4 miscommunications a game.

WTF is going on there? I don't know who's to blame there, but it's ridiculous that we're 4 games in and Dak and his receivers are still having multiple instances of this occur each week.
I said this st the beginning of the season. He and Dez just aren’t on the same page. And it doesn’t look like either one of them are trying to improve their chemistry.

Now don’t throw me under the bus for saying this. I’m not pining away for Romo. Just using him as an example because these days, the Cowboys is the only football I watch.

But when Romo was playing and he had a miscommunication with his receivers, I remember him on the sidelines with pictures discussing it with Miles or Dez or whoever. He truly was a student of the game. I’m not seeing this as much with Dak.

I also now think that Geng was onto something earlier this year when he talked about signing a veteran qb. I think Dak was more successful last year due to Romo being on the sidelines and in his ear.

Bottom line is Dak needs to start doing his homework.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
As if NFL QB's are just like a relief pitcher that you can swap in and out depending on the situation.
When they've QB'ed the same team for the previous 10 years then yeah! Jesus, what kind of comment was this? Like Dak hadn't just stepped into this situation cold himself??

Don't try to play to the crowd, Hoff. It doesn't suit you.

data

Forbes #1
Tell me I'm wrong here, but our offense is now only the deep pass, while our short efficient game sucks.

Aside from a couple of big catches from Brice Butler and TWill, we can't string together 1st downs anymore.

...and our deep pass game sucks, too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck you, Fat Andy. I needed that TD to go to Hunt.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tell me I'm wrong here, but our offense is now only the deep pass, while our short efficient game sucks.

Aside from a couple of big catches from Brice Butler and TWill, we can't string together 1st downs anymore.

...and our deep pass game sucks, too.
I talked about this yesterday, but I don't think either is our biggest problem.

The short game could be better, but it's OK for now. And we've hit a couple of deep balls as of late so that would suggest those opportunities are opening up.

But the intermediate game is almost non-existent. We can't get anything going in the 15-20 yard range.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I talked about this yesterday, but I don't think either is our biggest problem.

The short game could be better, but it's OK for now. And we've hit a couple of deep balls as of late so that would suggest those opportunities are opening up.

But the intermediate game is almost non-existent. We can't get anything going in the 15-20 yard range.
You are talking about Witten and Beasley. It seems they are being taken out of the game either by ourselves or focused coverage.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You are talking about Witten and Beasley. It seems they are being taken out of the game either by ourselves or focused coverage.
Beasley is more of a short route guy. He can get 12 yards but that's mostly after the catch.

Witten hasn't been involved lately so that hurts, but Williams used to make a living there and he can't seem to get open or the staff isn't doing a good job of scheming these guys open -- probably both.

And the few times a game Dez runs those routes inside, Dak keeps missing him.

Some of it is correctable, but some of it is just old age and lackluster coaching and that isn't changing this season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I said I wouldn't post any more gifs, but I lied. Look at this acceleration to the ball. Heath can suck a bag of dicks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom