Week 4 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys vs Rams | 10-1-2017

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Giants' season is kaput. no way they make the playoffs at 0-4, right? right?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I know we're all bitching about the defense and Garrett but I'd like to see more speed added at WR and we need another TE.

It's time for Witten to go. Great guy and an all timer, but it's time.

I want to see more Brice Butler and more Noah Brown and less Terrence Williams.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Giants' season is kaput. no way they make the playoffs at 0-4, right? right?
I just saw that they lost on another last 2nd FG. :lol

Couldn't have happened to a better fan base.

D

Deuce

I just saw that they lost on another last 2nd FG. :lol

Couldn't have happened to a better fan base.
Not only that, but another game where Mcadoo bypassed a FG attempt and went for it on 4th down earlier in the game to cost them points.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Romo can't get out of bed without straining a muscle in his back. He's gone. Get over it.
We intentionally gave the job to a far inferior QB. I guess you're OK with that, but I'm not.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We intentionally gave the job to a far inferior QB. I guess you're OK with that, but I'm not.
:lol

So why isn't Romo playing some place else?

Are you saying our lack of faith drove the poor man to the broadcast booth?

Genghis Khan

I see some people harping on the running game. But honestly, it doesn't even matter because we're not going anywhere if Dak doesn't get much, much better as a passer.

Genghis Khan

:lol

So why isn't Romo playing some place else?

Are you saying our lack of faith drove the poor man to the broadcast booth?

Who knows, but there should be no question at this point that he'd be our best option.

I hear you on the injuries, but even if he got hurt we'd be no worse off than we are now because then you just play dak again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I stated at the end of last season that Dak would likely be plagued this season with sophomoreitis because other teams would figure out how to deal with him and the game pressures would be felt more this season by him. He is his biggest enemy this season because he is now having to make reads and it is slowing him down. Last season everything was choreographed for him and he just executed according to the scheme.

He will either get better or the pressure will create an even larger mental gap. It just happens with some young Quarterbacks.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I know we're all bitching about the defense and Garrett but I'd like to see more speed added at WR and we need another TE.

It's time for Witten to go. Great game and an all timer, but it's time.

I want to see more Brice Butler and more Noah Brown and less Terrence Williams.
I never thought I’d say it but yes it’s time for Witten to hang it up. The game is not about big slow TEs.

Way too many catches where he needs 5 yards and gets tackled without gaining even a yard.

And why is Dez coming out on 3rd down. Isn’t he supposed to be elite??

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This was a shitty loss but get some perspective.

Yeah, Prescott isn't as good as touted. Witten is washed up.

But the simple fucking bottom line is that no matter what, Jason Garrett is the fucking head coach of this team and as long as he is here, the best we can reasonably hope for is 8-8 with a lucky season of 11 or 12 wins otherwise.

He is the biggest problem this team has.

We take on his personality, which is arrogance where it has never been earned.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I stated at the end of last season that Dak would likely be plagued this season with sophomoreitis because other teams would figure out how to deal with him and the game pressures would be felt more this season by him. He is his biggest enemy this season because he is now having to make reads and it is slowing him down. Last season everything was choreographed for him and he just executed according to the scheme.

He will either get better or the pressure will create an even larger mental gap. It just happens with some young Quarterbacks.
The real issue is that the staff expected some quantum leap where it was stupid to assume so.

He is good enough to win with. The problem is, they are pretending he is better than he is.

This is not that hard to figure out, but I guess it makes more sense to blame the second year fourth round pick who has played way over his head for most games in his career than to hold this shithead staff accountable.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The people blaming Dak for this loss have got to be shitting me. Dude made a bunch of great plays and converted a bunch of clutch 3rd downs, putting up 30 points at that while driving long fields all game long. What do you want from him? 40?

Because that's what it'd take to win.

We lost this game because of the shit special teams play and the fact that the defense allowed the Rams to score on every single second half drive except one. I realize that missing our two best LB's against a team that loves short to intermediate throws in the middle of the field is a big deal but you have to do better than that.

Dak isn't perfect and must improve, just like basically every player ever, but he did more than enough to win today, and he dropped dimes against Arizona last week to win that one too. He played like shit in Denver, big deal, Derek Carr (in his 4th year) played like a fucking dunce against the Redskins last week then followed that up with 143 yards over 3+ quarters today in Denver, 64 of which came on a single throw.

Maybe the Raiders should get rid of him and draft some gump like Mason Rudolph, or maybe we should start looking at that class ourselves!

Fuck off.

And I don't want to hear shit about Romo either. If you could magically give him Dak's body, is he better?

Obviously, but the guy can't physically make it through two NFL games anymore so give that shit a rest. The player in your minds is a dream, a memory, he doesn't exist anymore because he can't physically handle the game anymore.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You know you just threw up a crappy performance when somebody lays down a f-off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know the wheels have come off when Simp drops a fuck off.

Top Bottom